Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Strange happenings

What's happening on or with the forum
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Strange happenings

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:00 pm

Don't know about anyone else, but strange things are happening with my posts recently. Duplictes, ones that do not show up and no answers from administrators...I don't know...maybe a problem between my chair and the keyboard... :?
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Strange happenings

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:08 pm

I get the odd duplicate now and then.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:08 pm

I get the odd duplicate now and then.
5 x
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:09 pm

Seriously though, I am not sure but perhaps one of the other mods can check.
1 x
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:15 pm

:lol: :lol: thx RR, I needed that
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 am

I have seen two issues happen.

Duplicate posts. I sometimes get impatient when I think a post is stuck or taking too long and click submit again. I can get a duplicate post.

Missing Posts. I sometimes catch posts that don't post. When that happens, instead of posting, my screen jumps to the top of the webpage when I click submit. When I catch that happening I can scroll back down and see from the reply box my post didn't post. I can then click submit again and the post usually posts and without a duplicate. Thing is I don't always catch the misfire submit. Then the post is forever gone unless I retype it.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:49 am

I went in the "back" room. Everything was ok. I purged the cache while I was there. I guess it's good to do once in a while.

If "no administrators" get you answers, it's because I am the only one who answers the forums admin email. I do my best to check it once a week. You will get better response time if you post on the forum, providing you can get on. Most of the time, problems with the forum come down to two main issues. Problems with your internet provider and the operating system you use to get on the internet, or our hosting site is doing maintenance.

I am glad everyone comes here. I'm not a computer expert. I know the basics of our forum system. It's been due for a major update for months. I am not capable of performing it. One of the computer gurus where I work can't do it. So I'm being pretty choosy as to where I go to have it done. I get regular calls from the hosting service. I may ask them if they know of a reliable service to help me upgrade. Funny thing though, when I talk to computer people, they all say it's easy. They forget some of us don't know it all.

Keep posting here if you have problems. You'll likely get answers.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:12 am

Mags wrote:I have seen two issues happen.

Duplicate posts. I sometimes get impatient when I think a post is stuck or taking too long and click submit again. I can get a duplicate post.

Missing Posts. I sometimes catch posts that don't post. When that happens, instead of posting, my screen jumps to the top of the webpage when I click submit. When I catch that happening I can scroll back down and see from the reply box my post didn't post. I can then click submit again and the post usually posts and without a duplicate. Thing is I don't always catch the misfire submit. Then the post is forever gone unless I retype it.
Thank you Mags. That at least tells me, it's not just me. Thank you Dave as well. I appreciate the amazing forum you've created and I will do my best to be patient when or if I incur a glitch here and there. I realize much might be my own fault. Keep up the good work! You sound like "Andy" today. :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:18 am

I've not had duplicate posts, but just now I had a response that didn't post. Not the first time, but thought it might just be me doing something wrong. I've tried to be careful to NOT hit the "Back" button after posting, as I thought that was the issue, but now I'm not so sure...
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:46 am

I do see occasional double post and when I do, I eliminate one of them .... for myself, the only time I've had a double post has come when I preview a post .... at those times I've chalked it up to operator .... anyone with an issue that they would like to discuss off of the regular forum is welcome to send me a PM
1 x