Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Automatically signed out?

What's happening on or with the forum
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Automatically signed out?

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 am

My last fix didn’t really fix it for me and I’ve had to sometimes log in every few minutes. I got good at it but kept trying to figure out why.

All the settings were correct but I hadn’t cleared prior passwords thinking they no longer worked. The auto sign-in didn’t know which to use. Once I deleted all previous passwords it seems to work fine.

Time will tell.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:48 am

Well this fix didn’t work this morning but the log-in information was automatically filled in. All I had to do was hit one button and not fill in my user name or password. This I can live with.
2 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:04 pm

Gene, I don't have any issues here. The only place I find it hard to stay logged in at is my computer at work. They have so many protections, half the time I only stay logged on for one or two changes in looking. I can hardly ever get into the admin functions on the work computer. It almost always forgets me when I try to get into the "back room". All my other computers at home are fine.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by wingnut » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Its still happening especially on Friday evenings & Saturdays. Is there a picture limit of 2, a system backup time, a system update time, new user bumped off for an older user when max users on on?
0 x
You're born & you die. In between you get to shoot a bunch guns. Kind of sums up life to me. - Colorado Bob

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:36 pm

wingnut wrote:Its still happening especially on Friday evenings & Saturdays. Is there a picture limit of 2, a system backup time, a system update time, new user bumped off for an older user when max users on on?
As far as I know, there is no limit for pictures in a single post, there is no preference for older users vs newer users, and there is no limit to the number of users who may be on at any one time.

Daytime Dave can answer the backup and update questions with certainty, but I believe updates are done manually and Dave notifies the group when he's going to do one. The forum's hosting service does regular backups for all of their accounts, but it shouldn't affect users (but Dave can say for sure).

I hope you can find a solution, wingnut. I suspect the auto sign out issue is caused by settings that manage cookies in your operating system and/or browser.

I suggest poking around in your browser settings first to see if there's some checkbox somewhere that could be doing it. I use Chrome on my desktop and laptop computers, both running updated versions of Windows 7 Pro, and do not get logged off. I'm also automatically logged in whenever I visit this forum.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:32 pm

There is this in the forum's FAQ. "Why do I get logged off automatically?"
http://henryrifleforums.com/faq.php#f0r7
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by wingnut » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Yes, I did "remember me."

More facts... I logged on @ (time) 1310 local. Viewed a few threads then cursered the back arrow or went to "Board Index" @ 1318. I looked at the login/logout box and it asked for a login. Curious, I refreshed the screen and I was returned to logged in again. I suspect my browser. THX.
1 x
You're born & you die. In between you get to shoot a bunch guns. Kind of sums up life to me. - Colorado Bob

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:38 pm

I get logged out all the time but can now login with just a few clicks as I use the auto fill.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:17 am

We have pretty much unlimited everything at the host end. I wanted the members to be able to be able to post photographs from their home computers directly to the forum. That was the best package that was offered. It encompassed all kinds of things I don't understand, but it was all good.

It's most likely an issue with your browser, your security settings (I have a security certificate but can't put it in the sites "brain"), or the lunar pull on the tides.

I'm glad you persist in logging back in. We have a lot of fine folks here. My next step is to find someone who is well versed in the system the forum uses and I'll pay them teach me how to perform "brain" surgery. I should be getting some free time soon.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Hopefully getting the security certificate working is one of the priorities.
daytime dave wrote:We have pretty much unlimited everything at the host end. I wanted the members to be able to be able to post photographs from their home computers directly to the forum. That was the best package that was offered. It encompassed all kinds of things I don't understand, but it was all good.

It's most likely an issue with your browser, your security settings (I have a security certificate but can't put it in the sites "brain"), or the lunar pull on the tides.

I'm glad you persist in logging back in. We have a lot of fine folks here. My next step is to find someone who is well versed in the system the forum uses and I'll pay them teach me how to perform "brain" surgery. I should be getting some free time soon.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234