Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Woods & Waters

What's happening on or with the forum
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Woods & Waters

Post by daytime dave » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:17 am

I changed the third slot on the top of the site. It's a new store in Saranac Lake. If you need anything in the hunting or fishing line, check there first if you are in the area. They have a good assortment of fishing supplies. I got a new rod and reel this past weekend. They have a great selection of guns and ammunition also.

They don't have a website, but the link to facebook will have to do. They are family owned and very personable. They are nice to do business with.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Woods & Waters

Post by PT7 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:24 am

"Woods & Waters" is a cool 8-) name for the business....has a nice sound and draw to it! Does the store setup have anything unique about it based on their name?

I don't have a FB account, but getting used to that nowadays. All the kids and grandkids use it; that's where it's a little tough to miss out on those conversations. Otherwise, survivable.
1 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:23 am

A little write up in the news about the owners...
http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.co ... ing-store/
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:34 am

It is always nice to hear about " Ma & Pa " store's. Small business make up the back bone of America's well being.
2 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm

daytime dave wrote:I changed the third slot on the top of the site. It's a new store in Saranac Lake.
Great choice, Dave.

Like several others, I have never had a Facebook account or an account on any other social media platform, unless you consider this forum to be one (I don't). But, I did read the newspaper article that Mags posted (http://henryrifleforums.com/posting.php ... 10#pr67222).

They seem like great people; the kind I would like to know; and with their friendly, helpful attitude, the store is very likely to be a huge success.
2 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:37 am

I gave them this site to look at. I think they would be a great addition to all our other fantastic members.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:17 am

CT_Shooter wrote:Like several others, I have never had a Facebook account or an account on any other social media platform, unless you consider this forum to be one (I don't).
Denial is futile :P Good people making friends, the sharing of ideas and chit chat on various topics, ya the forum is a kind of enclosed social media. Laid back without all the drama and hypersensitivity. Very nice place to hang out.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Mags wrote:Denial is futile :P Good people making friends, the sharing of ideas and chit chat on various topics...
I know many people enjoy Facebook and other SM platforms, but having worked in IT at a large university with an attitude toward protecting personal information, the benefits of Facebook and its competitors do not outweigh the deficits (in my humble opinion). Knowledge is power.

https://www.consumerreports.org/privacy ... -facebook/
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:54 pm

I was actually referring to our forum being a form of social media. That can't be denied.

Other:
Ya I have a facebook acct. I have all privacy settings set to me and my friends only. Seems to work. Sir Henry couldn't find me. I had to add him.
When I log into facebook, I do so from a freshly started browser in incognito mode. When I'm done with FB I close the browser.
I also do this with any website that requires a login.
Browser is set to delete history, tracking, cookies, etc on exit. So FB or any other website supposedly can't get site history and tracking from other places I've visited.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:14 pm

Mags wrote: Ya I have a facebook acct. I have all privacy settings set to me and my friends only. Seems to work. Sir Henry couldn't find me. I had to add him.
When I log into facebook, I do so from a freshly started browser in incognito mode. When I'm done with FB I close the browser.
I also do this with any website that requires a login.
Browser is set to delete history, tracking, cookies, etc on exit. So FB or any other website supposedly can't get site history and tracking from other places I've visited.
Ya. Good idea. Most users are not concerned or as careful about their web activities or their browser settings as you seem to be.

Do all of your Facebook "friends" do the same?
0 x