Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Suggestion for a new Forum --- AMMO

What's happening on or with the forum
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Suggestion for a new Forum --- AMMO

Post by PT7 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 am

Today I read Mags' post titled "Ammunition Online." http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4786
Listed there are some internet links for purchasing ammo. But he has posted it under the forum "Other Websites and or Forums you like." For me it wouldn't be intuitive to look for ammo info under that forum. More than that, there is not currently a Forum dedicated to ammo other than the reloading Forum.

Whenever I've posted ammo info or questions, I've used the "Reloading" forum as the best fit. But I think reloading is a different focus than discussions about manufactured ammo. I and others have posted such questions under Reloading for lack of a more specified Forum content.

Daytime Dave & Admin Team, could we create a new forum titled AMMO? And has been done for instance with the Forum listing various gun types, there could be listed ammo sub-categories such as centerfire, rimfire, shotgun, etc. In the case of Mags' post today, a sub-category might be ammo web sources, or some such. With that sub-category, it regularly could be updated by anyone with good internet sources they've found. I'd leave the build/design of this AMMO Forum to your collective thinking for the best categories, which might be created.

Thanks for considering my suggestion. Thought it might be helpful in some ways. If you determine it isn't needed, I'm okay with it.
PT7
2 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Suggestion for a new Forum --- AMMO

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:09 am

PT7 wrote:
Daytime Dave & Admin Team, could we create a new forum titled AMMO? And has been done for instance with the Forum listing various gun types, there could be listed ammo sub-categories such as centerfire, rimfire, shotgun, etc. In the case of Mags' post today, a sub-category might be ammo web sources, or some such. With that sub-category, it regularly could be updated by anyone with good internet sources they've found. I'd leave the build/design of this AMMO Forum to your collective thinking for the best categories, which might be created.
Sounds like a good idea to me, PT7. Daytime Dave may be offline for a few days, but I'm sure he'll reply to your request asap.
2 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:10 pm

I think a new forum for Mfg'd ammo is good idea. Thank you PT for suggesting to the site owner.

Before creating yesterday's topic, I did check for exiting topics to see if one specifically already existed. I didn't consider 'Reloading' a fitting place for obvious reasons. Also, I left out links to sporting goods stores. The links I collected are ones solely (or whose main product line) is ammunition.

As for new Forum name, please use an 'un-common' name. For example the HRF search engine won't accept the word "Ammo", say it's too common. But the word "Ammunition" is accepted.
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Sounds right on that "ammo" is too basic for a search engine. Good suggestion, Mags.

I know that DD has put thought into the various Forums he has created....some builds were with input from us "cowboys" cheering the rodeo along. Whenever DD has time to look this suggestion over and maybe go with it, I bet it would be good. Thanks also for supporting the new Forum idea.
Mags wrote:I think a new forum for Mfg'd ammo is good idea. Thank you PT for suggesting to the site owner.

Before creating yesterday's topic, I did check for exiting topics to see if one specifically already existed. I didn't consider 'Reloading' a fitting place for obvious reasons. Also, I left out links to sporting goods stores. The links I collected are ones solely (or whose main product line) is ammunition.

As for new Forum name, please use an 'un-common' name. For example the HRF search engine won't accept the word "Ammo", say it's too common. But the word "Ammunition" is accepted.

CT_Shooter,
I know you are a reloader and enthusiastic about that part of working with firearms. In some of our chats, it's been cool to discuss that the "reloading" I do is from the manufacturers' shelves. Both ways work just fine. So I also appreciate your being okay with this Forum suggestion.

Take care, Gentlemen.
PT7
CT_Shooter wrote:Sounds like a good idea to me, PT7.
1 x

~Пока~

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Id vote yes for it and I think its a good idea.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Some forums merge "Ammo" and "Reloading" under one banner, with sub-forums as suggested above (Centerfire, Rimfire, Web Sources, etc.). I know it's a common inquiry of mine when exploring a new gun or a new round or a new application.
GOOD CALL!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Hey all new forum is live...
http://henryrifleforums.com/viewforum.php?f=62

Thank you Daytime Dave, Admin Team and PT7
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234