Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New Forum Announcement - Cooking

What's happening on or with the forum
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: New Forum Announcement - Cooking

Post by daytime dave » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Dan, you need to share some recipes in here.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: New Forum Announcement - Cooking

Post by PT7 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:46 pm

DanAtHenry wrote:
daytime dave wrote:Which one? Paul Smith's is supposed to be very good.
I went to the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY.

DanAtHenry,

I just read your answer to DD's question on which culinary school. Interesting & fun how small a world it is. My brother graduated from CIA, and has worked in the field ever since. Started as a master chef in Chicago area at a couple of exclusive restaurants, e.g. East Bank Club (some pics below), St. Charles Country Club, and Arnie Morton's near-north side Chicago main restaurant. I ate at Arnie's one time, and found out Frank Sinatra had been a regular there. The place was beyond the ritz for me, but being the brother of the head chef, it was a great evening of food & drink. His wife and I have the same birthday, so it was a fun treat & birthday present. I also visited the East Bank Club (right on the river in Chicago), and there was a "picnic luncheon" held in The Grill and Fruit Bar. I think the plain-Jane hamburger I enjoyed was a regular menu item with the price tag of $17.95 for a single! Glad the condiments weren't extra! :lol:

My brother also had his own bakery/pastry business for a while. That I really enjoyed! Right now he is out of the demanding work hours of cooking and public dining, and is a Professor teaching in the Culinary Arts & Hospitality Program at Elgin Community College west of Chicago.

Man, can he serve some fantastic meals! I can't even begin to describe some of the dishes I've had, which he has prepared. Our family get-togethers were simply "an event" when he was in charge -- even a backyard barbeque had so many meat choices, it was hard to decide!! Fun times. :D My tongue thanks you very much for bringing up those tasty memories.

I'm getting hungry even at this late hour.... ;)
EBC_Maxwells
EBC_Maxwells
EBC_Grill & Juice Bar
EBC_Grill & Juice Bar
EBC_Riverside Room
EBC_Riverside Room
2 x

~Пока~