Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Unlimited bandwidth

What's happening on or with the forum
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Unlimited bandwidth

Post by daytime dave » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:59 am

I had an unusual occurrence this morning. I was fortunate enough to have some extra time. I checked a few areas of the forum I usually can't get to. I noticed that many people are having the photobucket problems. Looking at the photobucket image isn't as nice as the original intended image.

Just in case you are not aware, you can post photographs to the forum right from your computer. Sir Henry and I popped for the unlimited bandwidth option at the hosting place. I'm paid up into the next decade, so feel free to post pictures from your computer.

I will let you know, that 18 and over megapixel photographs are slow to load on the site. If you have a slow internet connection, these large photographs are very slow to load.

In the full editor, below the text box, is a tab section. One tab is attachments. Click on it and there is a rectangle that says add files. Click that and it looks at available files in your computer. You can load up to 15 photographs per entry. Sometimes you may experience an error. It may be the hosting site, your internet carrier or your computer, but it almost always goes smoothly. If it doesn't, just give it another shot. The fewer photographs you post, the less chance for error. I practiced. I post a lot of cell phone photographs from my Flickr account. My digital camera work comes straight from the computer.

Gene and I wanted you all to be able to post from your computers. Any of you from the .org site remember that we could not do that. It's just economics. It's covered now and we invite all of you to use it.

Please, just a word of caution. Look at what you are attaching first. Any of your files in your computer can be attached, just like in an email.

Good luck.

Dave
11 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Unlimited bandwidth

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:58 am

Thanks to the owners for allowing us to post pictures direct. ITs SO much easier than using a hosting site. Al
4 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55