Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Founding Members

What's happening on or with the forum
ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Founding Members

Post by ditto1958 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Whatever y'all do, just keep quiet about all the perks and fringe benefits there are for founding members. Some of our newer members might not understand.
4 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:26 pm

Ok, I won't mention the pension plan.
3 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:47 am

Or the free Henry Rifles and ammo. :lol:
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Heck, mine didn't show up yet !!
1 x
NRA Member

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Cowboy Gun Fan wrote:Heck, mine didn't show up yet !!
I asked Sir Henry awhile back. He assured me, "The check is in the mail."
1 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:22 pm

I don't know if I am a "founding member" but I joined March 21 0f 2016. I check in everyday and post when I can help or contribute something worthwhile.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Travlin wrote:I don't know if I am a "founding member" but I joined March 21 0f 2016. I check in everyday and post when I can help or contribute something worthwhile.
..And you are a Founding Member, Travlin!!! 8-)
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:47 pm

Travlin wrote:I don't know if I am a "founding member" but I joined March 21 0f 2016. I check in everyday and post when I can help or contribute something worthwhile.
take a look at the bottom of the forum's Home Page .... you will see a key for the colors used for screen names by the forum to denote founding members and other such designations ....
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Update and earthquake~~~

Post by Catherine » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:24 am

I still post on and off here.

Good weather is upon us so many of us are busy with other things to do.

I do not shoot that much any longer as some of you already know.

I used to be a HIGH volume shooter from the late 90's and on. I keep up my self defense skills and I am still a good shot. I still use iron sights ONLY with my Rx safety eyeglasses, good ear protection and shoot standing up. I stick to shooting only a few specific rifles as some of you may remember.

I have good and bad days with my arthritis. I use a cane on and off too. It depends on the day. I worked outside in the yard the other day and I did not have to use my cane.

I am still into VERY specific fixed blade knives, camp axes and 'hawks too. I would always keep those few specific tools even if I gave up shooting.

I don't POST on the other two places that I used to post on besides here. The BF forum and the CD forum. I more or less did less and less posting over time and LESS and LESS reading in the last few months there. TONS less reading on the other few forums that I used to read.

I did sign into the BF forum the other day or night (?) to read a section that you have to SIGN INTO to read. Self defense section. I was going to post about a woman in her 60's who was doing yard work and she was attacked and killed by two !!! LOOSE dogs over by Bozeman, MT. I decided not to post it so they lost my wisdom and self defense comments on using ANY TOOL be it a KNIFE, GUN, ETC. IF YOU COULD GET TO IT QUICKLY ENOUGH.

I never did Facebook and those types of things. I don't TWEET and all of that other STUFF. I never did photo websites either.

I am burned out from the INTERNET aka WWWeb so when I do go online, it is basically to read the so called 'news' (?!?) from across the country and around the world.

I could go offline easily and debated that ISSUE again with my husband who still wants to keep an ISP connection here at home.

We downsized some more in GUN stuff. We donated a bunch of holsters that we did not sell as 'package deals' with some handguns. My husband downsized in some reloading stuff since he went down to ONE LESS CALIBER in his firearms.

He shoots almost every single day after his daily walk since he retired. Alone, with a friend or friends or with ME if I feel like going. He loves his HENRY 45-70 rifle too! He plans on getting another bolt action CZ rifle with his full in store credit from his other gun sales - FFL dealer. CZ 455 Training rifle in 22lr. So every single day, he decides on what he wants to shoot in a rifle and caliber. He shoots his Glock pistols in 45acp since that is his carry gun. He keeps up his skills plus he loves to get out at our range.

http://www.wmfga.org/

He is enjoying his retirement!

We had a bad earthquake and aftershocks here in Western Montana, across the area, into Idaho, into parts of WA state and into Alberta, Canada while I had this computer on typing in the wee hours. It is all over the news.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... #executive

I am WIDE AWAKE and can't sleep so I figured that I would type this out to the forum.

Take care and good shooting to ALL of you here!

Cate
2 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:46 am

Cate, I'm glad you still come here.

I enjoy your posts.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member