Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Founding Members

What's happening on or with the forum
GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Founding Members

Post by GFK » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:46 pm

I did come across other Henry forums (do not recall what they were). But, this one seemed to consist of something worth well. Meaning, it consist of good and knowledge people.

Thanks!!!
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:06 pm

there are several firearms related forums out there that have some space allotted for discussions of Henry rifles ..... this is the only current forum I know of with its core dedicated to Henry rifles
0 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:28 pm

I am new to forums in general. The only ones I frequented be for this was tropical fish. The most heated those forums get is fish stocking, water chemistry and why our fish are dying
I looked in on a Ruger forum and OMG. They had section for political discussion that was down right nasty. People saying hurrah for our side, etc. Not listening to each other. Brrrr.
This place is like walking though a forest, coming to a glade. There are people sitting around a fire, talking, laughing. They greet you as a long lost friend coming home. Give you a cup of joe and your home.
I kinda got poetically there. Curse of being a writer in a previous universe. But thanks for creating this Fortress of peace, common sense and friendship.
6 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:50 am

Wiz, the only problem here is that Henry makes really good stuff, and even when there is an occasionally problem, they fix it really fast. So, we sometimes run out of things to complain about. :)

p.s. Sir Henry did a range report recently which failed to feature any coffee. That was pretty controversial.
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:13 pm

ditto1958 wrote:Wiz, the only problem here is that Henry makes really good stuff, and even when there is an occasionally problem, they fix it really fast. So, we sometimes run out of things to complain about. :)

p.s. Sir Henry did a range report recently which failed to feature any coffee. That was pretty controversial.
Can't get away with anything anymore. :(
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:50 pm

WIZ, Very nice analogy. I've been on an Isuzu forum for many years. It also has a rep for being kind and mellow. A few reasons for this. 1st is one goal. To keep our old junk on the road and trails with each others help. Many of us know each other in the real world from trail rides, camping, and wrenching together.

But we also have a campfire code someone came up with years ago. A good forum is like a campfire. Sit back enjoy the warmth. Be aware we are all human. Everyone will sooner or later say something that didn't come out quite right or may have offended someone. Get over it and move on. It's Ok to disagree but no personal attacks. Very few folks have ever been banned. The only reason this has happened is personal attacks. it's just not tolerated. Like the campfire always remember it's a family place and the kids may be listening. Speak accordingly.
2 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:14 pm

Camping: its all fun until someone loses a weiner. :D
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:08 am

Squatch wrote:WIZ, Very nice analogy. I've been on an Isuzu forum for many years. It also has a rep for being kind and mellow. A few reasons for this. 1st is one goal. To keep our old junk on the road and trails with each others help. Many of us know each other in the real world from trail rides, camping, and wrenching together.

But we also have a campfire code someone came up with years ago. A good forum is like a campfire. Sit back enjoy the warmth. Be aware we are all human. Everyone will sooner or later say something that didn't come out quite right or may have offended someone. Get over it and move on. It's Ok to disagree but no personal attacks. Very few folks have ever been banned. The only reason this has happened is personal attacks. it's just not tolerated. Like the campfire always remember it's a family place and the kids may be listening. Speak accordingly.

Well spoken sir!
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member