Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Forum Board Styles

What's happening on or with the forum
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Forum Board Styles

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:28 pm

Now that the old site is back up I logged in, went to the user control page, board preferences, then to My Board Style. In that I had and option of how the page was displayed. That forum had several styles set and you could choose which one suited you. The forum only has one style. It makes me think we could do a few styles.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Forum Board Styles

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:03 pm

hey, I've never been accused of being in style .. :roll: .. I'm good with whatever seems to work best .. 8-)
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:32 pm

In my experience, variations in users' interfaces can be helpful to those who might visually benefit from an alternative color scheme or different fonts to make computer screens easier to read and/or to organize content. It's an important consideration. Thanks for bringing that up.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:25 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:In my experience, variations in users' interfaces can be helpful to those who might visually benefit from an alternative color scheme or different fonts to make computer screens easier to read and/or to organize content. It's an important consideration. Thanks for bringing that up.
Exactly. But I must admit Dave's design here is better than any of the ones on the other site. Dave really nailed the style. But I do think it could be tweaked a bit. To avoid computer conflicts we have areas that we take care of and the style isn't my area. I suspect at some point I'll make a style of my own but for now the wheel isn't broken.
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Hello,

I like the pale blue/gray background here with the BLACK INK because it is easier to read.

I like a forum that is easy to READ and post on without a lot of stuff on it that could cause it to malfunction, get a virus or have malware issues even if a person has a good firewall and GOOD computer protection.

One thing for sure, when a forum or website gets a LOT of ads on it... sooner or later you WILL have issues with malware and many other issues.

You name the forum, I can show you what happened to it over time. Yet, the site owners let it continue and do not fix the issue at hand.

You can even tell when you CLICK ON A THREAD on some forums if there is something in it with a person's post with or without a LINK, their signature with a lot of stuff on it or even with a picture and your computer will go haywire alerting you to this.

This happened on many forums not just GUN ones over the years.

I would like this forum to stay simple and easy to use.

I don't know about the other MODERN format forum stuff except that this forum seems pretty NICE to me and easy to use.

Thank you.

Cate
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Gee another person that doesn't like my signature. :cry: :? :D
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:55 pm

Sir Henry wrote:Gee another person that doesn't like my signature. :cry: :? :D
Huh?

I like your signature and have no problems with it. MY computer has NO problems with it since it is a safe signature.

I am talking about OTHER forums where there have been problems with specific things that cause a computer to go nuts.

I think that you are kidding me but sometimes I have a problem in getting the joke. Sorry about that!

I am talking about malware issues, virus crapola and other things on OTHER forums from a to z.

Cate
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:08 pm

Catherine wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:Gee another person that doesn't like my signature. :cry: :? :D
Huh?

I like your signature and have no problems with it. MY computer has NO problems with it since it is a safe signature.

I am talking about OTHER forums where there have been problems with specific things that cause a computer to go nuts.

I think that you are kidding me but sometimes I have a problem in getting the joke. Sorry about that!

I am talking about malware issues, virus crapola and other things on OTHER forums from a to z.

Cate
99% of what I say is a joke 8-)
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:38 am

^^^

Okay and thank you.

Cate
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:11 am

Cate,
We plan to keep this one pretty safe. If anything gets to be a problem, just let us know. A member spotted the spammed that got through before we did.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member