Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cowboy Gear

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
chuckcook
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Cowboy Gear

Post by chuckcook » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:38 am

RanchRoper wrote:Bridger Creek built nice gear. Not sure if they are still around. Mine is a Wade but in an old time style. Had to go with a Wade tree for roping big stock.
I don't think Bridger Creek is around these days. It's a shame, they build nice horse gear. I like a Wade trees too.
0 x
“You’re a daisy if you do.”

NRA Life Member
SASS 11461

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Was doing some winter organizing in my saddle shed, and caught the last rays of the sun this afternoon. Some of my favorite cowboy gear....my saddle and my Henry. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:41 pm

I love reading about your horses and gun . Last horse I rode was in 1954 . I pic someplace of me standing on a horse riding in around in a ring . In 1966 I brought and sold over 100 head of horse in Santee near San Diego . I don't cared much for riding horses . Motorcycle are my bag ....
3 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:31 pm

Glad you enjoy the stories and pics! I rode a dirt bike once, but that's my total experience with bikes....too fast for me, I like 'em slow and steady. :lol:

And I dunno what you guys think, but I think that rifle looks better without the stock cover.... 8-)
0 x
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:59 am

RanchRoper wrote:Glad you enjoy the stories and pics! I rode a dirt bike once, but that's my total experience with bikes....too fast for me, I like 'em slow and steady. :lol:

And I dunno what you guys think, but I think that rifle looks better without the stock cover.... 8-)
The following comments are from your "1860 Henry" thread, RR. I thought I had previously answered about the rifle looking much sharper (from my view) without the stock cover. At times my memory actually kicks in and works okay!! :lol:

I posted my "answer" in our discussion back on September 17th. I still very much like the stock wood uncovered. :D
PT7 wrote:First time I've seen your "fit & finish" photos from July, RR. I wasn't on the Forum much during the summer this year.

I must admit your stock cover on the rifle did look nice, and the leather was very classy. But in your July photos, I'm glad for your decision to remove it and show off the beautiful wood against that dazzling bronze. Wood is my really "delicious" cup-of-tea, and what I see sans leather stock cover adds much to the look of your Henry. It is a great-looking rifle, and you took some excellent photos. Man, that is some beautiful wood color and grain patterns you have there. :D

RanchRoper wrote:Nice day to sit out on the deck and clean my Henry. Here it is in all its glory!
0 x

~Пока~

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Sorry, just can't help myself...my Henry 1860 with it's gorgeous long 24" barrel...the business end!... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 x
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:21 am

That's a great set of photographs RR. I'm glad you can't help yourself.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:35 am

I'm glad someone resurrected this thread. I enjoyed it the first time, and I have enjoyed it again. Miss Tina and the girls all rode for the entire time the girls lived at home. I moved hay, shoveled stalls, and went to the small shows when I had the rare weekend off. If my gals were happy, I was happy. They rode the local trails, and learned to ride correctly under mom's skilled instruction. Now the middle daughter runs her own facility in Oklahoma. She is the only one of the three who lived and breathed horses... ;)
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:03 pm

You are a good father to help connect them with horses; they'll never forget it and their lives are richer for it.
0 x
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:50 pm

RanchRoper wrote:You are a good father to help connect them with horses; they'll never forget it and their lives are richer for it.
It was "selfish" of me. With my career in Law Enforcement, I learned early on that if you don't give your kids something positive to focus on... they may end up focusing on the negatives. I love them all, and they all turned out well. We invested in the kids. We often put our wants aside to insure they had what they needed. LOL. Rare these days. It's reflected in the behavior ... ;)
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.