Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Fall is Falling

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Fall is Falling

Post by PT7 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:17 pm

It was a pleasant morning following yesterday's calendar start of Autumn. As I headed out the front door for my usual walk, rather than looking up at dark-moving storm clouds, I looked down as a single fall leaf caught my eye on the sidewalk. Beautiful colors!

So today I looked more down than up. Here are a couple of simple reminders of the season. I'm certain that before too long, the falling leaves will totally cover the sidewalk. I'll again this year "discover" that underneath them I'll be feeling and hearing the "crunch" of acorns. I really enjoy Autumn!

Have a great week-end, Everyone.
PT7

DSCN3398.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

~Пока~

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Fall is Falling

Post by markiver54 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:45 pm

Nice pic Bob!
We have lots of acorns on the ground already. Not many leaves yet though.
The acorns seem smaller this year. They were huge last year, if that means anything.
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:21 pm

The leaves are turning and some are already falling here, though peak vibrant color at my New England home doesn't usually happen until mid to late October, when on a sunny afternoon, it can be simply glorious.

A while ago, our friend, Bandit, introduced us to Eva Cassidy's great recording, Autumn Leaves.

September 15th this year would have been our 46th wedding anniversary. Autumn is, indeed, beautiful. It had been for us the best time of the year. For me now, it's also quite sad. Annie's been gone for two years. I will never stop missing her.

"I miss you most of all, my darling, when Autumn leaves start to fall".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXBNlApwh0c
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm

Beautiful Stan...brought a tear to my eye. I feel for you and the pain of your loss, which must still seem like yesterday.
Try to keep smiling occasionally for Annie.
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:43 pm

Yeah, Stan.

Bandit introduced both of us to Eva's "Autumn Leaves" in that thread. And I did remember and listen to that song just one month ago when Joyce and I would have celebrated our 36th anniversary. She and I also enjoyed autumn very much, and thoroughly loved taking drives down country roads in September and October.

A beautiful autumn celebration was the annual Maple Leaf Festival, 3rd weekend in October, in our once hometown of Baldwin City, KS. (Just might make the visit there next month ~~~ https://mapleleaffestival.com/). That festival happened when the tremendous number of maple trees in the small town "bloomed" into vibrant reds, browns, and orange colors. We lived there for almost eleven years, and never tired of the colors which burst into every window (22 of them!) of our two-story 1906 "mansion." (Really, just an old house in the Victorian style).

It's most easy and most hard to remember "My Darling," as you well know, Stan. I believe there are other Folk on our Henry Forum, who have also lost their spouses. Not an easy part of life at all....

I did listen to Eva sing this last month; need to pass at this time. Just a little too hard to repeat so soon.

Bob
1 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Autumn in New England...
row_boat_in_hamburg_cove.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:19 pm

The filberts are dropping here. A few leaves too, though not many yet.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234