Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A few new toys

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

A few new toys

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:39 pm

As some of you may know, my parents passed within a year of each other. I am the executor of the estate and I recently liquidated everything. I closed on their farm just before the holidays. I'm wrapping things up now. The lawyer advised that I should disburse the proceeds of the estate sale and the car between my sister and I. So I did. I decided to take half of that check and get something I really wanted. I went to a store that sells many things and wanted to look at guns. I looked at camera equipment first. I looked at some used Canon L lenses and that got me thinking. One thing led to another and a month later and lots of research and patience later, this photograph is what I spent that half of the check on. Used Canon L lenses and a Canon Eos 1 Ds Mark iii body. The 60D is what I had for a decent DSLR and the only L lens I previously owned was the 70-200 f/4 L in the photo. I got all of them on ebay and they are all excellent. I can't wait to use them and get better with them all.

3 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: A few new toys

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:23 pm

What a great selection you've assembled. The silver lining! And, if you were still shooting film, that would be literal! I'm looking forward to some great digital photography.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:11 pm

Wow, Dave....some neat camera equipment you've acquired. Just a different type of "shooting." :)
Methinks my Nikon Coolpix 35mm should be hidden in a shoe box under the bed!

Waiting now to see more of your photos through the Photography forum. You and they have been missed.
PT7
0 x

~Пока~

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:55 pm

Those Canon L lenses are fabulous, for sure. Always lusted for one back in the days when I was still shooting film with my first Canon EOS.

Still have a nice collection of old Nikon manual focus SLRS and lenses, but, sadly, no time to get backing shooting film. Shame, really, since some of these old Nikon bodies and lenses are in mint condition. Should sell them, though I doubt there's much of a market for them, anymore.
1 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:01 pm

I had a very nice Minolta film SLR and a couple of nice lens that I just tossed when I was doing a major clean up. Checked on Ebay and they were listed for $10-$20 and not getting any bids. Also got rid of all my B&W darkroom equipment.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Kinda makes my cell phone camera look like a cracker jack toy surprise
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55