Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Got a Gig with Uber Eats

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Got a Gig with Uber Eats

Post by Blackdog » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 am

You know Uber - you call 'em and they give you a ride. Now that have a new thing, Uber Eats. You order food and Uber brings it to you, even from multiple restaurants - you want BBQ and Chinese food, they can do it.
So, my job is to photograph the food the restaurants offer as "to-go" items. I set up my studio light and make some creative photos of the food and get paid for it. Sometimes I get to eat the food, sometimes I don't want to - no Sushi for me.
Its great fun. 90% of the restaurant people are great to work with. I use a Nikon D810 with a 24-70mm lens, an Alien Bee light, a single softbox and a reflector on the off-light side to brighten the shadows. I shoot RAW and edit all the pix with Photoshop, but you quickly learn to shoot it right to minimize the Photoshop time (clean the edges of the plate and make it look nice and crisp).
Like I said- it is fun, I get paid fairly and I get to travel to places I've never been before. Next week I'll travel down the Texas/Mexico border from Laredo to McAllen - should be an interesting trip.
This is a nation wide program - if you have some photo skills you can apply. I'm a retired commercial photographer and had some samples, so I got the job. The people who manage photography for Uber Eats also offer Grub Hub.... if you are looking for a part-time photo gig this might be the ticket.
Check out SmartShoot.com
Michael
Scalisi's Pizza_Cannoli_550x440.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Got a Gig with Uber Eats

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:26 am

Very cool job.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Got a Gig with Uber Eats

Post by PT7 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:55 am

My brother lives in northern IL and drives for Uber. He is also a recently-retired executive chef and university culinary professor. I'm going to share your post with him. Thanks a bunch, Michael.

Neat travel plans coming up for you. Enjoy and be safe.
PT7

P.S. Love the taste of cannoli. My sister-in-law makes it scratch....yum.
Blackdog wrote:You know Uber - you call 'em and they give you a ride. Now that have a new thing, Uber Eats. You order food and Uber brings it to you, even from multiple restaurants - you want BBQ and Chinese food, they can do it.
So, my job is to photograph the food the restaurants offer as "to-go" items. I set up my studio light and make some creative photos of the food and get paid for it. Sometimes I get to eat the food, sometimes I don't want to - no Sushi for me.
Its great fun. 90% of the restaurant people are great to work with. I use a Nikon D810 with a 24-70mm lens, an Alien Bee light, a single softbox and a reflector on the off-light side to brighten the shadows. I shoot RAW and edit all the pix with Photoshop, but you quickly learn to shoot it right to minimize the Photoshop time (clean the edges of the plate and make it look nice and crisp).
Like I said- it is fun, I get paid fairly and I get to travel to places I've never been before. Next week I'll travel down the Texas/Mexico border from Laredo to McAllen - should be an interesting trip.
This is a nation wide program - if you have some photo skills you can apply. I'm a retired commercial photographer and had some samples, so I got the job. The people who manage photography for Uber Eats also offer Grub Hub.... if you are looking for a part-time photo gig this might be the ticket.
Check out SmartShoot.com
Michael
Scalisi's Pizza_Cannoli_550x440.jpg
0 x

~Пока~