Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

1st MO snowstorm in my new house

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: 1st MO snowstorm in my new house

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:48 am

Not a flake here.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:27 am

we've been following the news coverage of that storm as it moves across the country .... sure hate it for those in its path ....
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:32 am

PT that storm sailed right over us and it only rained here. Seems strange in January here to get rain but I will take it. I knew you wanted snow I hate snow.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Got about 4 inches here earlier in the week, it's pretty much gone now. Last few years here have been very mild for both snowfall and very cold temps but thankfully there has been enough snow in the mountains for local irrigation.

It is kind of scary looking at RanchRopers's photo, we depend on the Columbia River for power and Columbia Basin irrigation and a good portion of it's flow is from snowpack in Canada.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Sure do understand how your area needs water from the snowpack in Canada, Dave. Lack of water has been pretty serious here in northern MO the last couple of years, with an extreme drought playing out in 2018 spring through fall. So even this 6-7" snow will help our ground water level.

Went out for the first time this morning since the winter storm moved through. Really is exceptionally beautiful everywhere as the snow is clinging to every tree and bush, all white and clean. Staying just cold enough (29-31*) that snow isn't melting off very quickly. I'm sure when we get sunshine again, the painting will be re-done.
dave77 wrote:Got about 4 inches here earlier in the week, it's pretty much gone now. Last few years here have been very mild for both snowfall and very cold temps but thankfully there has been enough snow in the mountains for local irrigation.

It is kind of scary looking at RanchRopers's photo, we depend on the Columbia River for power and Columbia Basin irrigation and a good portion of it's flow is from snowpack in Canada.
1 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:51 pm

big sigh. wish i were there to experience it.
PT7 wrote:... Really is exceptionally beautiful everywhere as the snow is clinging to every tree and bush, all white and clean. ...
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234