Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Lots of bricks -- Ouse Valley Viaduct

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Lots of bricks -- Ouse Valley Viaduct

Post by PT7 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:05 am

Actually wish I were the photographer. Thought this was a really neat place in England.

These are bing images I came across during my web wanderings. The countryside location, and the structure, are things I'd like to see if I ever get to travel in England. Following is a description paragraph with interesting facts about "lots of bricks." Have to really applaud the British Folk for maintaining such a unique structure for the last 177 years! Quite an engineering feat also just to build it.

Enjoy.
PT7
Ouse Valley Viaduct in Sussex, England
In a typical day, roughly 110 trains roll across this magnificent structure crossing the River Ouse in West Sussex. The 1,480-foot-long railway bridge is composed of 37 arches rising nearly 100 feet above the river valley. Long celebrated for its architectural elegance, the Ouse Valley Viaduct has needed quite a bit of upkeep since its 1841 opening. Many of the roughly 11 million bricks used in the original bridge were replaced as early as the 1890s in hopes of strengthening the structure. Further renovations a century later ensured that this beloved symbol of British rail history remains a vital, working part of everyday life.

viaduct1.jpg
viaduct2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

~Пока~

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Lots of bricks -- Ouse Valley Viaduct

Post by Les » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:24 pm

There are several impressive viaducts and aquaducts over here. Those old bridge builders certainly knew how to stack bricks! :lol:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ditton+ ... 66&bih=614
1 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Lots of bricks -- Ouse Valley Viaduct

Post by Henry88 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Well, I don't know why a no chicken; I'm a stranger here myself. All I know is that it's a viaduct
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x