Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A buck painting created by "pointillism"

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

A buck painting created by "pointillism"

Post by PT7 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Earlier this week, John M posted a buck photo in his thread, "NZ Deer." I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful deer photo as this one. http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5231

I haven't taken a photo as beautiful as John's buck. But I do have a quite unusual painting of a buck, which was done by a Missouri artist, Mr. R. Glenn Garrison. Here is the short story behind how I got this painting, along with my amateur photos of the painting.

Last 2017 deer season I didn't get out to deer hunt. So to help mellow out the disappointment, my oldest daughter bought me this buck painting and gave it to me for my December birthday. She provided a little humor, which did bring a smile to my face. She gave the painting a title: "The One That Got Away." ;) Thought I'd share the info sheet I received with the painting, which lists the artist's credentials, and the unique technique he painted with, called "pointillism." Hard to imagine creating wildlife images in this way.

Yes, I do have a one-of-a-kind, autographed painting by Mr. Garrison. He also framed and matted it. Mine is number 41/200.
Trust you'll enjoy this buck artwork.

PT7
LE_Number Forty_2806.JPG
The One That Got Away_2802.JPG
The One That Got Away_2803.JPG
The One That Got Away_2804.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

~Пока~

John M
Wrangler
New Zealand

Re: A buck painting created by "pointillism"

Post by John M » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:04 am

Thank you PT7 for the kind review of the stag photo. Sometimes the stars all line up and that special moment can be saved forever.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:25 am

PT7 wrote:Earlier this week, John M posted a buck photo in his thread, "NZ Deer." I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful deer photo as this one. http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5231
I couldn't agree more
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:03 am

Wonderful pics and print. Thanks for sharing. Hope you can get out this year and get one of your own to photograph or paint.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:34 pm

I think that is incredible! Basically painting a picture one pixel (ink dot) at a time! To be able to see that in one's creative mind's eye is astounding of the artist.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234