Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Central Florida

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Central Florida

Post by Henry88 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:13 pm

Hey clovishound, thanks for that info. I did a little research last night and found the cabbage palm and thought that was it. I didn't know about the edible part, and that could be a life saver. let me guess, "Swamp Cabbage"? :D

I have too many snake stories to tell, most of the rattlers I've seen were on my own property. The largest, just behind my back fence was over 4'. My niece said she stopped by one day and there was one the size of a python not far from the house, so you have to be on your tows; found a pygmy on top of the dryer.....
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Central Florida

Post by Henry88 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:18 pm

Bugs wrote:Is this private property that you need permission to hunt on?
I reside in SW FL and everything here is private property or a management area that you need a permit to hunt the area.
The wife and I keep thinking of moving further north and inland in FL to escape the snow bird nightmare that descends upon us every winter. Looking for an area that has nice bass ponds/lakes and some place to hunt.
Hey Bugs, basically everything is "private property or a management area that you need a permit to hunt the area". The days of just going out in "the woods" and hunt has been over for past 30 years. What you have to do is join a hunt club, or separate yourself from the other hunters on public land. The way you do that is with a boat, can be just a canoe or even a bayboat, and come in a different way and use the other hunters as drivers.
0 x