Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

PT7 -- My Potted Flower Garden & Mini Rocks

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

PT7 -- My Potted Flower Garden & Mini Rocks

Post by PT7 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 pm

This is my sixth spring here in KCMO, although we really jumped from winter almost right into summer this year. I took these photos of my "spring flowers" today, and it was close to 90* on the patio! A very warm May. When I've posted photos in previous springs, my daughter and I planted quite a lot of potted flowers, which my wife really enjoyed. I did pare down this year and will only care for three plants. I have no yard at my apartment; only the patio, which is a good place to relax.

I'm always amazed at the resiliency of this shamrock plant. It was started years ago by my Mom, and then continued under my Dad's somewhat dubious watch. It has travelled to a number of states with us over the years, and always survived somehow. Now it lives inside during cold weather, and outside as the temps warm. I actually wish I knew how old it is. Last year my daughter took 1/2 of it as it was way too large for my pot and we cut it down and separated it. Hers is also thriving this year.
Shamrock_2475.jpg
This Regal Geranium was about my wife's favorite planting. I planted it with some smaller Dianthus around it. Turned out okay as I see it.
Regal Geranium_Dianthus_2473.jpg
Finally, I've never had Vinca flowers before, which are my daughter's choice. They are colorful and fit my newest silver pot quite comfortably. I also have accumulated small accent rocks and have them on my distressed flower bench. For sure compared to the rock landscaping photos recently posted by dave77 and SH, you can see that my mini rocks grouped here did not destroy my back!
Vinca_2474.jpg
Although I chose to have a smaller potted garden this year, I do miss my Lemon Star plant as it climbed a six-foot trellis, and the smiling faces of Pansies. Maybe next spring I will go that route again. Hope you enjoy this small garden.

Have a good day, Everyone!
PT7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: PT7 -- My Potted Flower Garden & Mini Rocks

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue May 22, 2018 7:47 pm

Beautiful plants, PT7. And, yes, the images are distorted as shown here. I opened them in a new tab and saw them in their proper aspect ratio.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:15 pm

:D = Love to look at beautiful plants! Thanks, CT.

:cry: = Distorted is not so beautiful...

But there might be a "little humor" in the last photo. My rocks don't look like what I have on the bench. Rather, they remind me more of baking potatoes! :lol:
CT_Shooter wrote:Beautiful plants, PT7. And, yes, the images are distorted as shown here. I opened them in a new tab and saw them in their proper aspect ratio.
0 x

~Пока~

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:01 am

Great photographs and good looking arrangements.

There are only a few photographs suffering from the aspect ratio problem, which you can very easily solve by looking at in the new window. I have looked, but can't find a solution yet. I'm not having much time lately to look.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:14 am

Lovely work, PT. After struggling to raise a garden in a heavily fenced area with little shade, we decided to go with large pots, this year, on our raised kitchen deck which gets much more sunlight. So far, the deer haven't discovered it. Our tomatoes have never shown so much progress so early in the season.
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:53 am

Looks good Joanie. I’ve been working on my yard too.
5773B2B4-3569-492D-8E50-4B690447641A.jpeg
9651A4EB-DB3E-4EA1-8F66-D6D5007627B2.jpeg
F0A5D500-D258-491A-902E-4B0F8AB9BF94.jpeg
8F4F3D49-0385-4E94-B859-1E7690438D62.jpeg
15435FDC-86C7-4502-A6CA-7AABAE83B01D.jpeg
Some of the pots need plants but I switched to the backyard and the shooting range. This fall I’ll go back to planting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:15 pm

:lol: Do you live in the 'upside-down'? :lol:
(that a place in the Stranger Things TV show)
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 am

Thanks. Enjoy putting a good-looking flower arrangement together. With only a concrete & rock patio area, I have no ground to plant in. So have been doing my "pot garden" for the last six years or so.

Still the oval photos are definitely not great. I'm good with the efforts you've made to try and find the fix. By posting fewer photos, I don't have to view as many of those "egg" beauties! ;)

Other interesting photo appearances lately on the Forum. Have you and other Folk noticed the increase in photos posting sideways and upside down? (e.g., Sir Henry's pictures just posted recently in this thread). Sure perks up the viewing! :lol:
daytime dave wrote:Great photographs and good looking arrangements.

There are only a few photographs suffering from the aspect ratio problem, which you can very easily solve by looking at in the new window. I have looked, but can't find a solution yet. I'm not having much time lately to look.
0 x

~Пока~

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:29 am

Sometimes the same photo can be right and then upside down.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater