Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Camera Collecting

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
Danwin22
Cowhand
United States of America

Camera Collecting

Post by Danwin22 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:33 pm

If you've been into photography long enough, you probably have a collection. The old ones are too nice to throw away.

I wrote for model airplane magazines from 1976-2001 and used Minolta SLR's.

Still have an XK, XE-1, XE-7, XD, XD-11 and X-700. The XD and XD-11 coverings were slipping so I recovered one with yellow lizard skin and the other with reddish-brown.
XDXD11recovers.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
USAF 1958-62, NRA Member, CWP

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Camera Collecting

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Nice collection.

My camera brands of choice, back in the old days, were Contax (Zeiss lenses) and Nikons. Sold off the Contax stuff, but still have a nice collection of old Nikon SLRs, including the FE, FE2 and the F3 (a.k.a, the tank). Also had my share of older Pentax, Canon and even a Minolta, now and then. Sad to say, most of it's all collecting dust, now. Just don't have time to mess with film, anymore, given the little photography I still do.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Nice collection. Thanks for sharing it.

I still have my Konica 35mm SLR and lens from the 70's, an Argus Anastigmat that belonged to my wife's grandfather, and a Brownie Hawkeye Flash Outfit (including the original box and one bulb) that belonged to my Father-in-Law.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

RudyN
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by RudyN » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:34 pm

I used to use a Nikon F, Nikkormat and Fe2. I still have the Nikkormat. Along the way I have picked up two Argus C3s and two other Range finder cameras. I finally switched to DSLRS with autofocus when my eyes got old. I have a Canon Rebel, a Canon T5i and a Canon 7D that I use now.
0 x

RudyN
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by RudyN » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:35 pm

Sorry Double Post..
0 x

Danwin22
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Danwin22 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:14 pm

I now use digital Nikons, a D90 and a D5300 plus a few point & shoot Nikons and a small Canon.
0 x
USAF 1958-62, NRA Member, CWP

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:24 pm

I have an old camera collection, but am not a collector. The cameras I have are ones that I used, or were my Dad's when he died in the 80s. I don't do photography anymore, and if I did I wouldn't be using film.

My Dad's Rollie TLR is the only one I am emotionally invested in. That was my Dad's baby for many years.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:25 pm

clovishound wrote:I don't do photography anymore....
Actually, I've admired most of your recently posted photos, CH. I think you still do photography, though it's true you probably aren't intending to as you once might have -- you just can't stop it.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:22 am

Well, photography is not one of my hobbies anymore. I still occasionally take the odd picture. Emphasis on the odd.

Thanks for the kind words.

I need to get back to doing some woodturning. I was much more satisfied with my results than I had with photography.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Blackdog » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:40 am

For a while I collected/used Leica cameras. My main camera was an M4, but I found an M3 at auction and bought it - mainly for the lenses.
I sent the M3 off to Leica in New Jersey and they repaired it by putting M5 workings inside the M3 body - an honest to goodness Hybred Leica.

I put it on eBay and the Chief of Police from Seoul, Korea and a collector in Japan got into a bidding war. The price went out of sight and I thought I should test the camera - so I used it at a corporate event. It was fantastic, I began to think I should kept it. But when the money order for $13,000 came in I was happy to see the green.

Would like to find that deal again!

M
2 x