Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Another trip out with the Nikon

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Another trip out with the Nikon

Post by clovishound » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:17 pm

Clovispup and I made a little excursion to Edisto Beach State Park. It was a beautiful day, cool and sunny. We walked the beach and took some photos. Very nice place this time of year.
bw4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: Another trip out with the Nikon

Post by clovishound » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:36 am

OK, I guess there aren't many Dr Who fans out there.

This is one that the Pup took that I like for some reason. It sort of breaks the rules, and lacks a certain something, but for some reason I like it.
tr3.JPG
Here's one I took. Not all that great, but I only snapped a few.
tr2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:46 am

I like them. Good work so far.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:53 am

very nice .... makes one really look forward to spring ... :D
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:28 am

JEBar wrote:very nice .... makes one really look forward to spring ... :D
Sure does. Here's one I took, yesterday, on my fat bike trail. I ride, every day, regardless of the temp and we still have a LOT of winter to go. What you see on the handlebars are what we call bike mitts. They're neoprene covers that help to keep hands warm in extreme cold (I ride even in below zero weather.)

2 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:45 pm

I hate to rub it in, but temps were in the upper 60s yesterday.

With the sun shining, and a cool wind blowing off the ocean, it was very comfortable wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

Here's another of the Pup's experiments. Not quite sure about it, but it has a certain appeal to me. Maybe its just the Dad in me.
h1.JPG
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:02 pm

clovishound wrote:Here's another of the Pup's experiments. Not quite sure about it, but it has a certain appeal to me. Maybe its just the Dad in me.
I really like that photo, CH. You and CP seem to enjoy so many experiences together. It's a pleasure to read how proudly you express your love, pride, and appreciation of her in so many of your posts.

Film and/or digital images of all sorts, including those of imprints (hand/foot/face/etc.) will likely long outlive their sand, concrete, or plaster predecessors.

I have a photo that I took in 1983 of my own footprint embedded in wet sand alongside scattered fragments of my father's ashes on Cape Cod at the National Seashore. Neither my footprint nor my fathers ashes are likely still anywhere near there. But, the photo is in my archives and I still remember that somber day with my Mom and my brothers fulfilling his wishes... and recognizing how transformation flows with the passing of time.
2 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 pm

That reminds of my brother and I spreading the ashes of our grandmother on the outgoing tide at an inlet she loved. She spent a lot of time at family excursions there. It was somehow comforting to see her ashes heading out to sea at a place that was significant to her.

As to Clovispup and I, she is my only child and I have always tried to spend quality time with her. When she was younger, I was in the Reserves and worked nights. I tried to make the most of time we had together and do things we both enjoyed. Often we did the typical father/son activities. Things like camping, fishing, even model rocketry. Although I also watched my share of Rainbow Bright and Heman and Shera movies.

It seems to have paid off in that she still enjoys doing stuff with Dad. It pleased me to no end when she became interested in target shooting. I look forward to our range trips all week. Perhaps photography will become another common interest for us. A common interest can do so much to help cement a relationship. Photography helped forge a bond with my Dad and I after I became an adult. Guys in particular seem to need that catalyst.
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:50 am

clovishound wrote:That reminds of my brother and I spreading the ashes of our grandmother on the outgoing tide at an inlet she loved. She spent a lot of time at family excursions there. It was somehow comforting to see her ashes heading out to sea at a place that was significant to her.

As to Clovispup and I, she is my only child and I have always tried to spend quality time with her. When she was younger, I was in the Reserves and worked nights. I tried to make the most of time we had together and do things we both enjoyed. Often we did the typical father/son activities. Things like camping, fishing, even model rocketry. Although I also watched my share of Rainbow Bright and Heman and Shera movies.

It seems to have paid off in that she still enjoys doing stuff with Dad. It pleased me to no end when she became interested in target shooting. I look forward to our range trips all week. Perhaps photography will become another common interest for us. A common interest can do so much to help cement a relationship. Photography helped forge a bond with my Dad and I after I became an adult. Guys in particular seem to need that catalyst.

Very well put sir!
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:35 am

Both of your pictures are great! I'm thinking of mowing my lawn today.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater