Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Fisherman

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Fisherman

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:59 am

During a couple of the summers I was stuck in the chair and unable to get out and fish myself, glued to the dang chair by post-surgical doctor's orders. BUT, I was encouraged to get out and get some fresh air. :lol: Often, during our Veteran's Kayak Fishing events, when the vets were out fishing, I occupied myself with the camera. The camera, a telephoto lens, and the quiet boat landing with everyone out, often yielded some very nice shots. Take the green heron fishing along the bank for example.... I really like this one.
green heron.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Fisherman

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:37 am

That's a great photo, Marine. The only time I ever saw a Green Heron was when one visited my backyard watergarden. It walked all around the water for about fifteen minutes, eating a bunch of shiners. We were delighted to sacrifice them for the beauty of the bird. :)
Green_Heron.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Fisherman

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:55 am

I've got several pics of them from kayaking that same reservoir, and another a few miles farther southwest of us. Both hold citation bass and panfish. I nearly fell out of the kayak the first time I saw them do that springy neck thing. (In my head, I hear that cartoon 'Boiiiiiing' sound every time they do it. :D ) We learned to trigger it with a short, sharp whistle.

Boing
:P
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.