Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I do so love to cover some contry

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: I do so love to cover some contry

Post by james89 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:30 am

feel like snow is becoming an endangered species =|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
He's undomesticated and that's fact. However he is polite, well read, and won't xxxx on your floor.

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:52 pm

James;
Those look like persimmons. They are a great fruit to make preserves. Just don't eat one until after the first frost. They will pucker your mouth like nobodies business.

MuddyWaters62
1 x

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by james89 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:57 pm

persimmons? thank you i was wondering. in honesty they kind of looked like ground cherrys to me. im not really trying to eat them but id never seen them in the wild before. it was like finding that paw paw last year, complete suprise.
0 x
He's undomesticated and that's fact. However he is polite, well read, and won't xxxx on your floor.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:28 am

james89 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:30 am
the older I get the happier I'd be if snow/icy weather were extinct in our part of the country .. :roll: .. the pictures below are of our last snow which took place back on Dec 9, 2018
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:47 am

James,

The way the snow is plastered to the sides of the trees tells me that there was a pretty strong wind that accompanied the snowfall. As a guy who has lived in the snow belt for his entire life I can tell you that that is the worst snow to endure. Yuk :(

JEBar,

Your RV sure looks forlorn under that blanket of snow. I have never towed any trailer of any size on slick roads and I don’t want to!!!
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:06 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:47 am
JEBar,

Your RV sure looks forlorn under that blanket of snow. I have never towed any trailer of any size on slick roads and I don’t want to!!!
we have towed over very slick roads and have no interest in ever doing so again .... our Sportchassis is a very good tow vehicle but it is terrible, make that dangerously terrible on a slick surface .... the dual rear tires reduce traction and its torque will spin them in an instant
0 x

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by james89 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:47 am
James,

The way the snow is plastered to the sides of the trees tells me that there was a pretty strong wind that accompanied the snowfall. As a guy who has lived in the snow belt for his entire life I can tell you that that is the worst snow to endure. Yuk :(

JEBar,

its funny you say this because i dont concider michigan the windiest state. but we get snow plastered like that yearly, usually in a strom im to stuborn not to hike through lol ever frozen a water bottle?
0 x

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by james89 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:14 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:28 am
james89 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:30 am
the older I get the happier I'd be if snow/icy weather were extinct in our part of the country .. :roll: .. the pictures below are of our last snow which took place back on Dec 9, 2018
thats a decent dusting, it doesnt look like to much in actualy depth but if your down south a full cover like that is rare. this far north we may laugh at "snowpocolypse" shutting down Atlanta but if you never get snow it can really cause problems.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:32 pm

james89 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:14 pm
thats a decent dusting, it doesnt look like to much in actualy depth but if your down south a full cover like that is rare. this far north we may laugh at "snowpocolypse" shutting down Atlanta but if you never get snow it can really cause problems.
we have seen almost 2 ft of snow in our back yard but (thankfully) those are few and far between .... we don't get the dry/powder snow found up north and out in the upper midwest .... our snow is really a coating of white ice .... that does complicate things
0 x

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by james89 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:46 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:32 pm
james89 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:14 pm
we have seen almost 2 ft of snow in our back yard but (thankfully) those are few and far between .... we don't get the dry/powder snow found up north and out in the upper midwest .... our snow is really a coating of white ice .... that does complicate things
100 percent in agreement, when it snows here our local government has funds equipment and man power ready to clear roads and keep the ice at bay (not a fan of the salt damage but ill take staying on the road) in areas not used to snow that isnt really a thing. its amazing just how much difference it makes, without it a few inches can feel like a solid foot and solid ice can steal whole roads
0 x