Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Two weeks left

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Two weeks left

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:17 am

We have about two weeks left of the small game season. I don't shoot squirrels this late in season but like to get a couple rabbits to bake with dressing. I haven't been out in a while due to the lousy weather we have been having with the single degree temperatures and that not very forgiving ice to have to get around on. I would like to go walk the fence rows with my 22 and get at least a pair of rabbits for the pot. I dug out a 22 I haven't used for a while just to use it this year at least one time. It is a Remington 521T made in '65. It has the factory grooved receiver but also came with the factory Lyman 57 RS peep sight they all came with. I put a Tasco Titan Euro-class 3-9x44 with the big 30 MM tube on it I bought from a older gentleman at a show for $30 that looks brand new. I rate this Japan made scope as every bit as good as my Leupold Vari-x II scopes. I had a set of air gun 30MM rings for 3/8" dovetails so I used them for this set up. This rifle used the 511 sporter size barrel but in a target style stock smaller than the 513T Remington. Makes it not to heavy for hunting but still holds very well. Very good accuracy with this rifle and about the same as the much heavier 513T. It has the factory rail in the fore stock for different swivel positions that I changed the swivels out to the quick detachable style to use slings that detach faster. I did the stock over in a satin finish. This rifle was supposed to have been a shooting teams gun and showed that it had excellent care over the years. Has a number stamped on the bottom of the barrel.Image
3 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Two weeks left

Post by PT7 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:05 am

Ah, that more subdued satin finish on your 521T looks really excellent, Bandit.
Like I've noted before, no matter what wood you touch, it "glows" under your care.

Hope you harvest those rabbits for the pot. Good hunting. :)
PT7
bandit1250 wrote:I did the stock over in a satin finish. This rifle was supposed to have been a shooting teams gun and showed that it had excellent care over the years.
1 x

~Пока~

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:13 am

Love those old Remington bolt rimfires. Thanks for sharing. That one is a gem.
2 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:35 am

I have been thinking the same, Bandit. Time to get a grandson his first bunny. I will have him carry a Remington 550 with a weaver 4x. I'll have my old 24 double for backup.

A couple bunnies for the pot sounds just right.
2 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.