Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Made up a new squirrel bag

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Made up a new squirrel bag

Post by bandit1250 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:04 pm

I have been using a U.S. Military canvas bag for my squirrel tote bag for at least 25 years. It was probably used in the military for a gas mask bag. I have carried out squirrels by the hundreds and rabbits, grouse, pheasants and even used it as a trout carrying bag when fishing the creeks. Some how it got misplaced and I had to make up another one. The other will be found some time but I need it now so had to dig out the only other one I have left. They are tough and I had to only sew a few places on my old one over the years and used waxed dental floss and it never needed repaired at the same area again. The bag is 9"Wx20"D. I can carry a limit of squirrels with room to spare or 3-4 rabbits depending on the size of the rabbits. Two pheasant roosters fit in except for the long tails. I put quick detachable sling studs on it and use an extra suede rifle sling to carry my game in it. I use the original metal bound holes for the studs. The nice thing is you can keep the fleas out of your hunting coat. I skin my game in the woods and sack up the remains to discard at home and plastic bag the edible parts. Then I can turn the carry bag inside out and shake it out and hit it a few times against a tree and leave the fleas there in the woods. Nice carry bag.
2 x