Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Not a Henry...but...

TNman
Cowhand
United States of America

Not a Henry...but...

Post by TNman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:13 pm

While gathering some firewood this am I noticed a few hickory cuttings on the ground; so after a evening supper got the 10-22 and headed out. There aren’t many squirrels on the Empire this Fall but there are always a few. Sat for a pretty good while and right before leaving this squirrel started barking at me. It was head down on the trunk of a red oak about 20 yards away and I aimed for its eye....it clung to the tree for 10 seconds or so after the shot, as they often do, then crashed to the ground. Went over and claimed it right away as darkness and skeeters were coming. Tale of the tape...mature female, CCI subsonic hp entered right below left eye, exited on off side neck, rifle—->Ruger 10-22 with Jewel trigger, Volquartsen muzzle weighted barrel, Tandemkross bolt, Nikon scope...I bought this rifle on clearance for $65 new in 1974...of course I have added the upgrades over the years and it is a squirrel rifle nearly without peer....squirrel is cleaned and draining, used the Morakniv Eldris(first blood for it), Yeti and Coaly dined on the feet, head and offal...need about 3 more squirrels for the makings of a squirrel mulligan on a crisp November evening...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Not a Henry...but...

Post by JEBar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:45 pm

nice looking Ruger .... if I was in the market for a semi automatic 22LR, I'd most certainly buy a 10-22
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:31 am

Nice shot!
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

TNman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TNman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 am

Just now...~20 yds...young one—-> fryer...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:16 pm

The 10/22 isn't the world's favourite .22 semi for nothing ----- it has been feeding folks since 1964! ;)
0 x