Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Coyote

Gregorsway
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Coyote

Post by Gregorsway » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:25 pm

I love a story with a happy ending. Good shot too! They (coyotes) are adapting and overcoming in our area and rapidly becoming a big problem.
1 x

cruzerbotz
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by cruzerbotz » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:06 am

Last Fall was out in my stand before sunup. Started getting a tiny bit light and I could see something out about 100 yds. Moving up, down and side to side. Thought to myself.......... That HAS to be a deer feeding. Now, if it will just stay there until it gets a little lighter and I can see to shoot. Minutes tick by. Still up/down/side to side. Still not light enough to really see whether it is a deer or not. Then, light enough to see it was NOT a deer. Was something round and shiny. Dang!!!!!!!!!! Finally, light enough to see what it was................. a green mylar balloon. The area I could see was about 150 yds deep and 100 yds wide. A gentle down slope, but with a hump about halfway. Had the binoculars out and scanned the area. Was light by now.
As I looked right, caught the upper part of a coyote as it went down the hump. No time to shoot. Then thought maybe it would see the balloon and just have to investigate. Sure enough, about five minutes later I see the coyote cross at the back of the field and come up behind the balloon. Figured getting rid of a deer killer was better than waiting for a deer that morning. As soon as it stopped at the balloon....... BAM!!!!!!! It went down and twitched once.
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:34 am

Wish we had coyotes around here. In years past they would often run through my yard but I haven't heard or seen one in about two years.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater