Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Are members offended?

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Are members offended?

Post by daytime dave » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:31 pm

Keep Posting.

I appreciate your self policed consideration of your photographs. Just posting gore for gore's sake would likely be removed. Posting actual, real world hunting results is just fine. People hunt. If they are offended, nothing is stopping them from letting me or Sir Henry know. We could then decide.

Post any brand Firearm you like

Sir Henry and I own this site. You may notice we keep adding categories as people's interests come forward. I have varied interests. I love Henry Firearms and just about everything associated with them. They have been a great friend to the site as well. There are many fine firearms. I like to see and hear about as many as I can. Someday, with enough activity, I'd like to break down the other firearms into brands, as I have started to do with the knife section. They do it on the Marlin forum.
5 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:23 pm

Squirrel season doesn't even start here until Saturday.
2 x

Steve51
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Steve51 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:26 am

Does not offend me. This is the hunting section, if it offended me - it is my fault, not yours.
3 x
H001, H001L, H004, H001TM, H006, H010, H012M, H012GR
NRA Member, GOA Member, ISRA Member, ILCCW

tractortad
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by tractortad » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:31 am

No offense taken - keep posting.
2 x
US Submarine Service 1976-2006
Henry H001TLP,H001TLB,H003T,H004,H006R,H006M,H012R,H012AW,H012MRCC,H010CC,H015-357,H015-44,H015-4570
Winchester 9422,1873,1885,1886,1892
Marlin 39A,AS,CL,D,M,Mountie,TDS,1897CB,Texan,1894CB,1895CBA,1895SBL
Ruger #1 44Mag

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:51 pm

I want to thank all my fellow members who replied to my post. I may not feel bad about posting pictures of hunting now and I have always tried not to show the more bloody and possibly the stuff that turns folks off. I have had quite a few days I could have taken pictures of squirrels I killed with the 222 but they were not what I would want to show. We have some control over where the bullet goes in but not so much where it comes out even if the angle looks good before the shot. I hunt and use all game I am fortunate to take in our seasons in Pa. I pass a lot of my game on to folks not as fortunate as me to be able to still go in the woods. I clean all game that I give away so no one I give it to has to do any thing but cook it their own way. Some would throw away squirrels if they had to skin them. I don't know how many years I will still go hunting but so far I still enjoy it except the fact that I hunt alone. My friends won't go with me and call me the "vacuum cleaner" because they think when I get done going through the woods there is nothing left for them. :lol: I think when they tell some one that it is funny.
4 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:40 pm

Giving it to those less fortunate than you is a very good deed. You should be commended.

That is a very good thing. Thank you Sir.
3 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:14 pm

I'm not a hunter but I get the idea and the lifestyle, it's all around me where I live. No offense, nobody is twisting my arm to look at the photos. Firearms and hunting pretty much go together since the Daltons and the James boys aren't around to shoot at anymore.
4 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Steve
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Steve » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:08 pm

I have no problem with pictures of game or varmints taken. Just wish I could get some.

Cruelty to animals is a different story for picture taking, it would suit me fine if they were never posted. Except in court.
4 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:03 pm

Bandit Post on. No offense here but I get offended when folks complain about such on a gun or outdoors forum or magazine. A while back one of the mags I read posted a couple of articles about how to clean small game. I loved it. I haven't hunted in years and was happy for the step by step as I'm thinking of getting back into hunting. They had a small firestorm of complaint letters. This is a magazine devoted to old time tech and back country living and guns. WTH? A couple of issues later the editorial said they will continue the articles and if you don't like them don't read them. I agree.

Like Steve when It comes to animal cruelty I want to see pics of the perps skinned and hanging.

Big difference between cruelty and a hunter putting food in the freezer with a good clean shot!
4 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:21 am

Squatch wrote:Bandit Post on. No offense here but I get offended when folks complain about such on a gun or outdoors forum or magazine. A while back one of the mags I read posted a couple of articles about how to clean small game. I loved it. I haven't hunted in years and was happy for the step by step as I'm thinking of getting back into hunting. They had a small firestorm of complaint letters. This is a magazine devoted to old time tech and back country living and guns. WTH? A couple of issues later the editorial said they will continue the articles and if you don't like them don't read them. I agree.

Like Steve when It comes to animal cruelty I want to see pics of the perps skinned and hanging.

Big difference between cruelty and a hunter putting food in the freezer with a good clean shot!
Squatch, as we know people will goto websites that they know will have material that is offensive to them with the sole intent of subsequently complaining. But at the same time, people can look at a photo and see things differently.

For example, on another forum a cop dispatched a small bear that had been hit and mortally wounded on the side of the road.

I guess the officer delivered the coup de grâce with his AR.

But then, and I thought this was pretty weird, posed with the dead bear; one of these squatting shots with the rifle you see hunter's always do and posted it on the forum with a title like, "rough day at work".

I thought it was a little over the top and gaudy.

Needless to say, a lot of people didn't see it my way. I guess I can understand that.

What seemed strange and over the top to one person, seemed cool to the majority. Maybe 30% saw it my way.............

I might actually have saved the pic, not that anyone would want to see it.
1 x