Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Are members offended?

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Are members offended?

Post by daytime dave » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:28 am

Squatch wrote:Bandit Post on. No offense here but I get offended when folks complain about such on a gun or outdoors forum or magazine. A while back one of the mags I read posted a couple of articles about how to clean small game. I loved it. I haven't hunted in years and was happy for the step by step as I'm thinking of getting back into hunting. They had a small firestorm of complaint letters. This is a magazine devoted to old time tech and back country living and guns. WTH? A couple of issues later the editorial said they will continue the articles and if you don't like them don't read them. I agree.

Like Steve when It comes to animal cruelty I want to see pics of the perps skinned and hanging.

Big difference between cruelty and a hunter putting food in the freezer with a good clean shot!

Which magazine is that? If I don't already subscribe to it, I'd likely want to check it out.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Test
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:03 pm

daytime dave wrote:Test
But, I didn't study for it! :o
2 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:11 am

Sorry, I was showing a friend how to post on the site from your phone. I couldn't find how to edit it at the time.
2 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:48 am

I am not offended by hunting pictures.

I figure if someone is offended by hunting pictures... they don't have to look at them in a hunting section of a firearms forum.

I do not hunt but my MT husband hunts.

My late husband did not hunt, he was more into self defense issues, and he was not offended by hunting pictures.

I am not offended by fishing posts/pictures and farm/ranch pictures with meat on the hoof either.

I enjoy looking at the scenery that many of you post here and discussions about your terrain and states too.

Thank you and thanks to the others out there too.

Cate
1 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:56 am

daytime dave wrote:Giving it to those less fortunate than you is a very good deed. You should be commended.

That is a very good thing. Thank you Sir.
I agree with Dave too.

My husband has given hunted meat to family members and friends who can't hunt and/or need the food. It is just like giving to the Food Bank or to help Veterans and other people in need at a homeless shelter.

Many food banks take hunted meat too.

Keep up the good work and God bless you.

Cate
4 x

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:43 am

I've decided that it makes no difference what you are doing or saying...somewhere there will be someone who is offended.....another reason I keep to myself......too many people in the world I think.....and I'm sure that thought offends someone.....
4 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:51 am

Seriously, if someone is offended by seeing a picture of a harvested critter, they probably shouldn't open a thread about hunting.
I agree completely .
If one owns a firearm for whatever reason, And participates in a firearms related forum, there should be an implied understanding There will be hunting discussions along with pictures.
If one is offended by the sight of the animal simply do not open the thread and please do not ever project your offense of the material onto others by suggesting this content be removed entirely.
Guns were developed for two reasons and hunting was certainly one of them.
If most people knew how meat got to the store's cooler, most would be more offended than by hunting
Ditto this! Recently I had to explain this exactly to a girl at work - fortunately she is pragmatic and understands but there are many 'out there' that do not.
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Although I do think that pictures of bloody harvests are TMI, I don't think I'm particularly offended. Just squeamish. Post on. The tales that go with the hunting adventure are amazing to follow.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:31 pm

JCN wrote:I agree with clovishound.

I personally do not care for hunting or pictures of dead animals. I tend to feel bad for the animals!

So what do I do?!? I don't open the threads! It's important to name the threads accordingly but that is all I ask for.
I don't hunt but I have nothing against those who hunt for food. What I have a problem with is trophy hunting. To kill something just for its cache is not right.
3 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856