Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Are members offended?

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Are members offended?

Post by bandit1250 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:29 am

I some times wonder if my posting small game hunting pictures is offensive to other members. I seem to have more than my share of hunting pictures on here and I doubt that I am the only one going. I could post more pictures but I some times leave the camera home because I want to avoid the taking of to many photos and posting them. I have already taken quite a few squirrels this season but only took pictures of a few and never posted that I even went hunting some days. I do my best to position the animal to not show real body damage. If folks are offended let me know and I will not post small game hunting photos. I also some times feel guilty belonging to a website that is really for Henrys and posting threads of other brands. I have actually thought of staying off our website and only be a viewer. I hunt very little with the Henry Frontier and not because of any inaccuracy issues but a lousy trigger pull. Also my rifle of choice in the fall is Dad's Sako 222 especially when turkey season comes in and every thing else sits idle except when I need a shotgun for pheasant hunting and I honestly do most of that with a rifle. Hunting with my late Dad's Sako is like having him there in the woods with me.
4 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Are members offended?

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:44 am

No offense taken here, Bandit. I enjoy all of your posts. I for one would be very disappointed if you stopped sharing your wealth of knowledge and breadth of experience with all of us here...including pics of game and your "other" rifles.
4 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Jdl447
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Jdl447 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:48 am

Not offended at all. My interest in firearms stems from hunting with my father and uncles.
They all carried and owned different brand of firearms. I for one would like to see more of other members firearms and hunting adventures.
3 x
When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 am

I am offended.

I am offended that I haven't harvested a single critter since I started back hunting a couple seasons ago. :lol:

I do plan on at least one squirrel hunt this year, so I should at least bring something home from that one.

Seriously, if someone is offended by seeing a picture of a harvested critter, they probably shouldn't open a thread about hunting.
5 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by JCN » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:41 am

I agree with clovishound.

I personally do not care for hunting or pictures of dead animals. I tend to feel bad for the animals!

So what do I do?!? I don't open the threads! It's important to name the threads accordingly but that is all I ask for.
4 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:06 am

Doesn't bother me in the least. I have been hunting small game since 1958 and big game since 1964. To each his own. I love looking at all kinds of firearms and am happy to see a large collection that someone has been fortunate enough to acquire. I have bought, inherited and sold quite a few firearms in my lifetime but my firearm purchasing has just about reached an end.
2 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:12 am

I say keep posting as hunting is a major part of owning firearms even if everyone doesn't hunt.
5 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

DWD445
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by DWD445 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:25 am

Hunting is not what I do, though I've been considering it.
If most people knew how meat got to the store's cooler, most would be more offended than by hunting ;)
5 x
NRA - DW wheelguns - H012S - Oh CCW

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 am

Keep posting. With all due respect for others, in the unlikely event that someone comes to a firearms forum, particularly a Henry firearms forum, clicks on hunting picks and is offended, I think that is their problem. Henry rimfire lever guns are designed for small game hunting.

Heck, if you were posting vegan recipes and pictures, I'd be offended about THAT! :)
7 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:41 pm

Definitely no offense taken on this side of the pond. Hunting has been around as long as the human race, and I really can't understand anybody who can take offense at something like that.
3 x