Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hunting success pics: Post what you got!

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: Hunting success pics: Post what you got!

Post by Vaquero » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:00 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:40 pm
Ridgerunner665 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:32 pm
the bullet kept on going for parts unknown.
a pass through at that distance is a fairly remarkable in and of itself .... :!: .... speaks well of your load
Many year ago I killed a nice 8 point right at 90 yds. with a 158 gr cast 357 out of my 24" Rossi.
It was a complete pass thru, and he might have made it 10, 15 feet before fell over.

Nice job Ridgerunner, I have yet to bloody my Henry 41. :(

RP
2 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Hunting success pics: Post what you got!

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:11 pm

The crazy story from last fall, of shooting my buck while i was standing in the middle of my dining room continues...sort of....
When I called last week to see if my mount was completed, my taxidermist answered ," I think so but im not sure , I will have to check some numbers....because strangly enough the day you (John Cash) brought your deer in, another John Cash brought in a deer to be mounted as well. Both deer were eight points.
John Cash is not an incredibly common name. Who would have thought in a small town that two John cashes would show up at the same taxidermy shop on the same day
To each get an eight point buck mounted.i don't know any other John Cash in the area but apparently at least one more lives around here somewhere. I checked my photos and I got the correct deer..... a strange world we live in....
2 x