Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Ozarks Revisited...

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: The Ozarks Revisited...

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:46 am

Just want to say that I've really enjoyed all your posts about getting prepared for deer season and then your hunts. Made me feel like I was there with you. Brings back lots of memories. Thanks for sharing.
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:52 am

North Country Gal wrote:Just want to say that I've really enjoyed all your posts about getting prepared for deer season and then your hunts. Made me feel like I was there with you. Brings back lots of memories. Thanks for sharing.
I agree. I've enjoyed reading them, too. I also enjoy reading of ESquared's journey into reloading. All good stuff.

You have a perfect avatar, by the way.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Thanks to both of you, NCG and CT_Shooter, for the kind words and positive mojo. I've learned a lot from both of you and many others (BigAl, MisterEd, PT7, just to name a few) here in a relatively short time. Even though I'd been a member since late 2016, it wasn't until this summer that I took the plunge, and, even as recently as July, I had no inkling that I'd be where I am today. Lots of firsts in my old age, thanks to many of you.

PT7, you're right about the late Antlerless window, but there's no trip to the Ozarks in the offing for that one (nudge, nudge), and the reloading will begin in earnest before Christmas. .357 first, and that may be it for a while, we'll see. With the nice 30-30 dies coming (thanks to a tip from MrEd), it may be too much to resist playing in that sandbox.

Life is a relationship game, and I feel very fortunate to have established what, to me, anyway, are some great ones here so quickly.

For that, on this holiday week, I am thankful.
3 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 pm

It will be neat to see how you progress through your reloading learning experience. Sharing knowledge with people who appreciate it is easy and rewarding for me, The reward for me will be the success you have doing it and the smile Im sure you will have on your face when you achieve that first round off the new press. Im pretty sure we will be able to see that smile in our minds as you share your accomplishment of those first loads in your future posts.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:05 pm

BigAl52 wrote:It will be neat to see how you progress through your reloading learning experience. Sharing knowledge with people who appreciate it is easy and rewarding for me, The reward for me will be the success you have doing it and the smile Im sure you will have on your face when you achieve that first round off the new press. Im pretty sure we will be able to see that smile in our minds as you share your accomplishment of those first loads in your future posts.
Thanks, Al, for the encouragement all the way along, including your post above.

Mags and TractorTad have been most kind as well along the way. It seems so long ago that TT was advising me on Lyman globe sights for my BBS 357. I wouldn't have discovered Leupold VX Freedoms without NCG. Whether it's in public threads on various topics or PM conversations or phone calls, you all have been most generous with your time and in sharing your experiences.
2 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:20 pm

Got the "nudge, nudge." Might know something after Thanksgiving day.

For sure. No matter what, there is always something to be thankful for :!: :D
ESquared wrote:PT7, you're right about the late Antlerless window, but there's no trip to the Ozarks in the offing for that one (nudge, nudge)….
Life is a relationship game, and I feel very fortunate to have established what, to me, anyway, are some great ones here so quickly.
For that, on this holiday week, I am thankful.
0 x

~Пока~