Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hunting elk report

TC Campbell
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Hunting elk report

Post by TC Campbell » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:54 pm

I live in the high mountains of Arizona,Paid $148 apiece for elk tags $57 apeice for hunt and fish licence approximently $210 for tags and licence for me and wife,during the Elk hunt had razors screaming down the roads with loud pipes and radios honking horns, animal rights activist banging on pots and pans on all the elk trails, we are about done with the hunting in this state as totaly discusting,i remember years ago we all had trail respect for each other no such thing any longer this new generatin has no respect for anyone but themselves and no respect for others sorry just had to vent one of them told me why don't you just go to safeway and buy a steak really you ever watch them kill a side of beef? :oops: :evil:
1 x

Shawlerbrook
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: Hunting elk report

Post by Shawlerbrook » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:31 am

Sad to hear that. Sounds like AZ needs a hunter’s rights law that make it illegal to disrupt hunters legally pursuing the activities.
1 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:06 am

Sorry to hear this. I have heard from MANY how AZ has gone downhill (on all fronts) when it comes to any outdoor activities.
Fortunately in Oregon don't have to experience anything to this degree and for the most part see few (if any others) when i the outdoors - depending on the area and time of year that is.
While OHVs are prevalent in Oregon we don't have near the problems with them as in other places as we CANNOT register them as street legal and this limits usage dramatically off road.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:11 pm

One of these days one of those protestors is going to run into the wrong guy at the right time and something serious will happen. I would want to know how a Game Warden felt about there actions.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

TC Campbell
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by TC Campbell » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:49 pm

In years back we all had respect for each other to a point its not like this anymore all the younger folks just do what they want im not talking everyone there are few very few with some respect but for most they dont care bought you or anyone else but themselves thanks for all the replys ill get over it and try to pull it off again next year im 71 now and know not much more time left to do what i love but i must have been the only one in the mountains on foot seems like the other younger ones cant walk the mountain any more gotta make it easy with them loud piped razors one day was in a tree stand and two of them young razor boys stopped right under neath me yelling at each other instead of shutting there machine off wish i would have been in a coconut tree haha
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:33 pm

BigAl52 wrote:One of these days one of those protesters is going to run into the wrong guy at the right time and something serious will happen. I would want to know how a Game Warden felt about there actions.
Connecticut has a hunter harassment law that protects the rights of sportsmen. I can't believe we're the only one.
CT DEEP wrote: All hunters, regardless of where they hunt, should be prepared for the possibility of being harassed. Your behavior if you are harassed is extremely important. Maintain your composure and do not retaliate. If you are interviewed by the media, project a positive image. Connecticut has a hunter harassment law that protects the rights of sportsmen. If you decide to press charges, make sure you have a strong case by:

-making it evident that the antagonists are following you by going in several directions;
-asking your antagonists why they are harassing you;
-being able to identify and describe the individuals;
-taking the license numbers of their vehicles if possible; and
-not responding with violence or threatening a protester with bodily harm.

https://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a= ... v_GID=1633
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"