Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hideing my gold while hunting!?

huntlee
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Hideing my gold while hunting!?

Post by huntlee » Mon May 01, 2017 1:38 pm

I want to start taking my Goldenboy hunting with me and would like to get a Big Boy brass to do the same. Any of you hunters know of the best way to protect/cover the gold! I was thinking of using a roll of nonmarring tape in camo or other earthy color to cover the gold while hunting, then remove after each hunt. I do not want to do anything to ruin or stain the Hardened brass finish. Any of you tried this? Would like to hear how you do it.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Hideing my gold while hunting!?

Post by PT7 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:16 pm

I've used the non-marring camo tape as a forearm wrap on my .357 BBB. The forearm wood was damaged, and after sanded down before applying any new stain, I wrapped the camo tape around the wood and barrel to protect it. It also served as a good cloth grip area when shooting. I now have it on my shotgun barrel where I've attached a universal metal clamp to hold a tactical light. Works great to protect the metal-to-metal connection from any scratches. These are my experiences with that tape....works well for me.
0 x

~Пока~

Dennis H
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Hideing my gold while hunting!?

Post by Dennis H » Mon May 01, 2017 7:11 pm

I'd let ya hide yer gold at my place while you went huntin but I might not be here when ya got back! :D :D
1 x