JEBar wrote: wonder how long before a replacement flock comes along :?:
Give it 5 minutes.
0 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Vermin control

Post by bandit1250 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:37 am

I use my wife's suet blocks for bait for Starlings and English sparrows. I sit on my back porch at my shooting bench with my CZ 452 sand bagged and just wait for them to show up. I use sub sonic hollow points and they are deadly. The bullet hitting the fat starlings is as loud as the ammo especially out of the Ultra Lux CZ with the 28.6" barrel. My other 452's are a little louder but not by much. Killed 41 one morning with it being a foggy rain drizzling day. The light rain days are best for a lot of shooting those lousy pests.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Vermin control

Post by markiver54 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:50 am

bandit1250 wrote:I use my wife's suet blocks for bait for Starlings and English sparrows. I sit on my back porch at my shooting bench with my CZ 452 sand bagged and just wait for them to show up. I use sub sonic hollow points and they are deadly. The bullet hitting the fat starlings is as loud as the ammo especially out of the Ultra Lux CZ with the 28.6" barrel. My other 452's are a little louder but not by much. Killed 41 one morning with it being a foggy rain drizzling day. The light rain days are best for a lot of shooting those lousy pests.
Keep up the good work bandit!
Reducing the population of those nasty birds is a good thing! :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry