Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Mark as Read

If you can give it, or need it, post here
Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Mark as Read

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:24 am

I always click on the "new posts" to see what's been posted since the last visit. Sometimes I don't want to read the thread and yet not have it come up the next time I log in. I haven't found one but may be overlooking it. Is this worthwhile?
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Mark as Read

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 am

Shakey Jake wrote:I always click on the "new posts" to see what's been posted since the last visit. Sometimes I don't want to read the thread and yet not have it come up the next time I log in. I haven't found one but may be overlooking it. Is this worthwhile?
I bookmarked this search and use it to login. It gives me all the new posts for the last 24 hours. There's a selection at the bottom of the page to extend it to a week or more. It serves me well.

http://henryrifleforums.com/search.php? ... ive_topics
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Mark as Read

Post by Mags » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:05 pm

When you log out your view of the 'New Posts' list it gets cleared even if you don't open a post in that list. So the thread won't come up in the 'New Posts' list the next time you login, unless someone else replied to it while you were logged out. Regardless it will still appear in your view of 'Unread Posts'.

I frequently check 'Unread Posts' to see if I overlooked something as well as purge (Mark as Read) posts I have no interest in and ones that got really old.
What I wish we had was a way to mark topics as ignore and have them never appear in the 'New Posts' and 'Unread Posts' list (with an undo in the user profile control panel). There are a couple non-firearm topics I have zero interest in, so this for me is a very minor wish list item.
Shakey Jake wrote:I always click on the "new posts" to see what's been posted since the last visit. Sometimes I don't want to read the thread and yet not have it come up the next time I log in. I haven't found one but may be overlooking it. Is this worthwhile?
ct_shooter wrote:..
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234