Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New iPad

If you can give it, or need it, post here
ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

New iPad

Post by ditto1958 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:14 pm

Hrmph. My old iPad Mini breathed its last gasp, and I trudged out to my local Best Buy and got a new one. This one, a Mini 4, cost more than the last one, but doesn’t really seem any different. The only difference I have noticed is that I can unlock it with my fingerprint. Other than that, I haven’t seen anything that’s better. The old one was a 2, I think. Pretty sure Apple skipped 3.

This one does have more storage, but I never used up my storage with the old one.

Anyway, it just works, which is what I liked about the old one. I got nothin against Android tablets and phones. Apples just work for me. Still... sure would have been nice if my old one had kept going...
0 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: New iPad

Post by ditto1958 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:16 pm

Okay, I have now noticed one thing. The speakers on the new one are much louder than the ones one the old iPad. That was one thing I didn’t like about the old one- not nearly enough volume.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Apple skips alot of stuff but one thing they do that makes me mad is they bypass the older machines with there updates. My wife has a Ipad that will no longer update to the ones they are releasing now and its stuck in time. Still works just doesnt get updates. I have the iphone 6splus and pretty soon it will be left behind.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:23 pm

BigAl52 wrote:Apple skips alot of stuff but one thing they do that makes me mad is they bypass the older machines with there updates. My wife has a Ipad that will no longer update to the ones they are releasing now and its stuck in time. Still works just doesnt get updates. I have the iphone 6splus and pretty soon it will be left behind.
I hear ya on that. My iPhone SE (essentially a 6 in a 5 case) still gets the updates, but it now seems to be experiemcimg some glitches. I hate that. The phone is fine. But I will soon be forced to “upgrade”

All the technology companies do that these days, though, not just Apple.
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:31 am

I had to do the same thing with my old IPad. It still works but some of the last updates on it really slowed it down. Then they quit the updates altogether. It still works and I use it from time to time. I have had my new one for about a year now.
I just upgraded my phone from a 6 plus to the new X. I like it a lot. The 6 plus was big and with an otterbox case it was a squeeze to get in some pockets. The X is much smaller but the screen is the same size. I also have a iPhone 6 for work and the X is just slightly larger. They did away with the home button and wasted space at the top and bottom. No more fingerprint recognition. Which I found could be hit and miss. And wouldn’t work if my hands were dirty or if I just washed them and were even a slight bit damp. This newfangled phone has face recognition so all I do is tap the screen and look at it to unlock.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:31 pm

I’m afraid my phone wouldn’t like my face and wouldn’t unlock.
0 x