Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

pictures

If you can give it, or need it, post here
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

pictures

Post by bandit1250 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Something has happened that I can not get the pictures from my camera card to the computer. I insert it in the slot on the computer tower and nothing comes up where it used to say Import pictures. My wife and grandson were messing with trying to get a printer to work with the computer. Any way they could have removed something to do with my pictures? Took several pictures on two different camera cards and nothing comes up just the little green light where the slot is for the card. Any help appreciated and Thanks in advance.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: pictures

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Bandit,
Can you view the drive with a "green light"? They may have only changed the option for what to do when a card is inserted; that is, open it to transfer files. That can be restored fairly easily, but you should still be able to move the picture files.

If that's not the case, have you tried a "cold boot"; that is, shut it down and turn it off, and then re-start it? If not, try that. It should prompt the OS to scan the computer for "new" hardware and re-identify the drive again.

Let us know.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: pictures

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:15 pm

Try kicking it a couple times. That used to work with our old tube radio.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater