Site maintenance

If you can give it, or need it, post here
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Site maintenance

Post by PT7 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:24 am

Greetings, Dave,

This inquiry is about your "announcement bar" re. the upcoming site maintenance:
The site is due for maintenance. It will be down when I do it. It shouldn't be for long. I'll announce before I do it.
I don't know if the photo posting problem I had yesterday when I submitted my last Range Report is related or not. In looking at my Range Report target photo again this morning, I noticed it is distorted, somewhat elongated and a little blurry. I had also attached, via my computer, another cool edited photo of my Ruger revolver.

I did this simple edit: Made a small clockwise rotation of maybe 5-6 degrees, and resized to only view the top 1/3 of the revolver. Mainly the barrel with name/caliber displayed. That turned out quite well, so I saved the new photo. When I attached it and previewed the post, the edited picture looked fine. When I posted it to the Forum, it was terribly distorted. Stretched taller, and looked exactly like one of those carnival mirrors that changes a person's reflection when they walk/move in front of it. I had no idea how to fix it, so I removed it from the post.

So might this be one of the "due for maintenance" issues that need to be addressed? Additionally, when I go to compose a new PM or a new thread, rather than the page coming up with the blank format for that function, other previous info is already included in the screen. I have to delete it in order to create a new post. Don't know if other Folk have this type of problem?

Of course, I understand that in cyberspace, the glitches could be from my computer. Just don't know, as this photo post was beyond my capabilities to fix. I'm looking forward to the needed maintenance you have planned. It will be good to learn what improvements/fixes you will do. Thanks.

PT7

P.S Just had a thought. I'm going to attached that edited photo to this post, and see what happens. Here it is:
Ruger LCRX.JPG
Shazam! The same thing happened again. The "preview" was fine; the actual post not so fine.
What an ugly revolver!
:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

~Пока~

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: Site maintenance

Post by Cofisher » Wed May 24, 2017 9:34 am

Yeah, I'd get my money back for that one.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed May 24, 2017 3:11 pm

I don't think it has anything to do with the site maintenance. The maintenance is an upgrade to a new software version. It requires me to do a lot of things I'm not willing to do. I'm debating paying someone to do it for me.

I've seen other members with the same photo issues. I stopped uploading photographs from my computer taken with my two dslr cameras because they were taking a long time to load. 18 megapixels. I am having good luck putting on photos taken with my 12 megapixel iphone and less megapixel others.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Wed May 24, 2017 6:46 pm

The pictures used to get displayed as thumbnails, but now they are coming out as full sized pics, and it seems to have started a few weeks ago.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Understood, thanks. I only have a Nikon CoolPix, 16 megapixels pretty basic, plain-Jane camera. Haven't had the current problems much before now. The edited picture I had was really nice for my limited photo-handling knowledge. Just couldn't use it.

Maybe the upgrade to a new software version will "straighten up" some of the photo posting issues? One can always be hopeful...... :)
daytime dave wrote:I don't think it has anything to do with the site maintenance. The maintenance is an upgrade to a new software version. It requires me to do a lot of things I'm not willing to do. I'm debating paying someone to do it for me.

I've seen other members with the same photo issues. I stopped uploading photographs from my computer taken with my two dslr cameras because they were taking a long time to load. 18 megapixels. I am having good luck putting on photos taken with my 12 megapixel iphone and less megapixel others.
0 x

~Пока~

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu May 25, 2017 3:25 pm

I'll check the site internals next chance I get.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:33 am

Test....

1 x
Bish

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:33 am

Mine turned out as expected.
0 x
Bish

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:46 am

Nice photo, and good-looking STI semi-auto. What's the model and caliber?
Bish1309 wrote:Mine turned out as expected.
0 x

~Пока~

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:50 am

PT7 wrote:Nice photo, and good-looking STI semi-auto. What's the model and caliber?
Bish1309 wrote:Mine turned out as expected.

Thank you.

STI Elektra in 9mm.

Here's a better shot....This is my favorite 1911.

1 x
Bish