Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Flicker vs Photobucket

If you can give it, or need it, post here
Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Flicker vs Photobucket

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Anyone here familiar with using Flicker to post photos? I know I can always use the photo option on this forum but I wanted to give Flicker a try since Photobucket can be a pain at times. But, now that I have an account with Flicker, I can't figure out how to get my photos from Flicker to copy and paste to a given forum like I did with Photobucket using this IPad and Safari. All I get when I try to paste the photo, is the link and no photo in the post. Of course the symbols are different with Flicker, I see.
0 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Flicker vs Photobucket

Post by daytime dave » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:09 am

Dutch, I quit photobucket and went to flickr. I haven't posted from an ipad or iphone yet, just my trusty pc and laptop. I right click on the enlarged picture and click copy image address. It works fine for me.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:31 am

daytime dave wrote:Dutch, I quit photobucket and went to flickr. I haven't posted from an ipad or iphone yet, just my trusty pc and laptop. I right click on the enlarged picture and click copy image address. It works fine for me.
Thank you
0 x

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:00 pm

daytime dave wrote:Dutch, I quit photobucket and went to flickr. I haven't posted from an ipad or iphone yet, just my trusty pc and laptop. I right click on the enlarged picture and click copy image address. It works fine for me.

This for me, too!!
0 x
Bish

Dennis H
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Dennis H » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:06 am

Is your entire photo album exposed like it can be with photobucket?
0 x

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:36 am

Dennis H wrote:Is your entire photo album exposed like it can be with photobucket?
Yes. I can try again sometime, but for now, if I click on the link, at least the photo pops up. And Photobucket, for the present time anyway, is working for me. And as I said, I just wanted to see how Flickr worked. For this forum I will most always use the photo option provided on here. Thanks for your reply. (I am using the BBcode on Flickr)
1 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:20 pm

The issue I have with Flickr is that it exposes my full name and email address when I post a picture. According to the terms of use, you are supposed to have the link along with any pictures posted. That link takes you to the Flickr page, which has my full name and email address on it. I have yet to find a photo hosting sight that does not do something like this, or that owns the right to use any of your photos posted on it.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:15 am

clovishound wrote:The issue I have with Flickr is that it exposes my full name and email address when I post a picture. According to the terms of use, you are supposed to have the link along with any pictures posted. That link takes you to the Flickr page, which has my full name and email address on it. I have yet to find a photo hosting sight that does not do something like this, or that owns the right to use any of your photos posted on it.

Interesting.....

Can you or anyone else tell me how much information you can get from this picture?

Thanks for your participation.

1 x
Bish

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm

OK, it takes me to Flickr, but doesn't list your name, or email address. When I post one it has a link that takes me to my photostream that lists it. Maybe because I am logged in. Maybe I need to change some settings. It does list my name below the picture when I post it.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:16 pm

I do not know if it works this way with Flicker, but with Photobucket, if I do not want my email or any link to appear, I just backspace all that from my post and then preview it to make sure that only the picture appears before I hit "submit." In other words, just let the link for the photo only. But sometimes I have just let the entire link with the photo anyway.
0 x