Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A few helpful tips

If you can give it, or need it, post here
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

A few helpful tips

Post by daytime dave » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:27 am

I'd like to share some simple tips here about easy solutions to problems with computers and related items. These have worked for me.

I would invite members to share their methods and solutions here too.

First, to help me remember all my usernames and passwords on all the different sites I am on, I use an old telephone/address book I found in the dollar store. I got the boldest exterior color I could find so I wouldn't misplace the book for long. It has the little alphabet tabs on the ends too. I use it all the time. It works. You can also keep them on a cell phone or smart phone under the memo section. Remember that they can be wiped out on a cell phone. On paper, they stay.

Secondly, if you like the way your email works and doesn't collect junk mail, but you want to open free accounts on Photo sharing sites, get a second email. Google gmail is very easy. There's others like yahoo mail. I recently created a gmail account to notify new members when I activate their accounts. That's all I use it for. If you are reluctant to sign up on different sites for fear of spam or junk email, have a second email account just for that. Write the details about that account in your book from tip #1.

By the way, I get more junk mail in the mailbox out in front of my house than I ever have gotten on the internet.

On lot's of emails you receive, there is usually an option on the bottom of it to opt out of email from that source. I've seen it range from immediately stopping it to a period of up to ten days. It does stop. The internet is all about getting you to buy something or look at something that will lead you to buy something.

Let's hear what you guys do. Don't think it's too simple either. Lot's of people will read these tips and some will try them. There's lots of experience on the forum.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: A few helpful tips

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Great advice. I have several email accounts and I use them for different purposes. Sometimes in filling out online forms that does not require email activation I use an email address that doesn't even exist. I also use a phone number that doesn't exist.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: A few helpful tips

Post by daytime dave » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:37 pm

BR-549. ?
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member