Tell us about your Henry Rifle

4SALE: Henry Scope Mount & Skinner sights...ONE SIGHT SOLD

Buy, Sell and Trade. Abide by the rules and make all deals via PM or email.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

4SALE: Henry Scope Mount & Skinner sights...ONE SIGHT SOLD

Postby PT7 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:56 am

All the Big Boys that were in my gun cabinet have hit the trail and ridden into the waning sunset. But they didn't pack the Henry scope mount or Skinner sights into their saddle bags, even though they had tried them on for fit. So this iron Western rifle equipment is now 4SALE.

All are just shy of brand new. Each item has been mounted on a Henry rifle, and shooting only involved sighting in the rifles. These iron sights are great, but now they don't have anywhere to mount up. The prices I've listed are all approximately 25% below the new price. Since there are postal shipping costs (not the lesser "Pony Express" rates), I'm only needing $5 shipping for each item in addition to selling price.

Send a PM to me, if you're interested in adding anything into your saddlebags. ;)

This receiver-mounted scope base was tested on an H006 Brass BB. Henry has a photo of this type of sight on its web page at https://henrypride.com/collections/rifl ... ope-mounts.
$20 + $5 ship

Henry BB Scope Mount_DSCN2396.jpg

Henry BB Scope Mount_DSCN2398.jpg

Tested on an H012MR Steel BB Carbine.
$70 + $5 ship
Skinner Express receiver-mounted_DSCN2399.jpg

THIS SIGHT IS SOLD (4-6-18)
Skinner advertises this on their web site: "BARREL MOUNTED DOVETAIL sight works well on any Henry rifle with a 3/8" Dovetail."
$35 + $5 ship

Skinner Peep barrel-mounted_DSCN2402.jpg

Thanks for checking these out!
Have a great day.
PT7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
~~Henry H001TLP Small Game Carbine .22LR
~~Henry H012MR Big Boy Steel Carbine .357 Magnum

A quiet place to rest awhile...Psalm 46:10

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: 4SALE: Henry Scope Mount & Skinner sights...ONE SIGHT SOLD

Postby PT7 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:34 am

I just updated these items.
One sold, two are left 4Sale.
PT7
1 x

Mild Bill
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Postby Mild Bill » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Is the remaining skinner blued or brass?

thanks
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Postby PT7 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:46 pm

The Express is a blued sight, Bill. Thanks for checking.
PT7

Mild Bill wrote:Is the remaining skinner blued or brass?

thanks
0 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Postby Tape » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:09 pm

PT, will your receiver-mounted scope base H006 Brass BB. Henry fit a Marlin 1894? I know some of the mounts are interchangeable between the to for instance I have a Marlin 1894 peep sight that fits well on my GB .22 mag as you can see link below; double click to make it larger

download/file.php?id=3299&mode=view
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Postby PT7 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:13 am

I don't know if it would fit, Tape. But I can give you an estimate of the distance between the holes on the Henry mount.

Using my caliper, all I did was use the external measuring jaws, laid the caliper on the bottom of the mount, and eye-balled distances with the jaw points centered in two holes. Does that make sense? Basically, my estimated lengths are from center of mount screw to center of mount screw, and measured only to tenths. I made a copy of the base of the mount and marked the estimated lengths for you.
Henry mount measurements.jpg

I read on the Marlin web site that a new 44 Remington Magnum/44 S&W Special is made with a solid-top receiver tapped for scope mount. For you to be certain, I think it best that you get the exact measurement of your tapped receiver holes, and then contact Henry for the exact hole measurements of their mount. Again, the Henry Big Boy mount I have is model # BB-RSMP.

Hopefully my elementary measurements might give you an idea if this mount would work. Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, and that I couldn't be more exacting. I'm just a basic dude when it comes to rifle parts, especially if changing out parts between different firearms manufacturers. ;)
PT7

Tape wrote:PT, will your receiver-mounted scope base H006 Brass BB. Henry fit a Marlin 1894? I know some of the mounts are interchangeable between the to for instance I have a Marlin 1894 peep sight that fits well on my GB .22 mag as you can see link below; double click to make it larger

download/file.php?id=3299&mode=view
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Postby Tape » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Thanks PT, I'll get back with you
0 x