Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Buck 119 S30V

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Buck 119 S30V

Post by JEBar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:40 pm

PT7 wrote:BTW, those 119s you've ordered will be impressive gifts for the sons! Special stuff.
PT7
those 119's arrived today .... I'm happy to report that both appear to be in first class condition .... no sharpening marks like the ones mentioned above .... no need to do anything but pack them away for Christmas and eventually wrap them as the time grows nearer ....
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:22 pm

Ah, the Buck quality control got away from them on your 119.

I'd send the before/after photos you took in to Buck, along with an explanation of what you found and what you did to "fix" the blade edge scratches. Is there a possibility they might provide some compensation to you for that first blade's poorer quality? Just a thot.

Great that your sons' gifts were built spot-on, and are ready to gift. That will be an enjoyable surprise and fun time for them.
PT7
JEBar wrote:
PT7 wrote:BTW, those 119s you've ordered will be impressive gifts for the sons! Special stuff.
PT7
those 119's arrived today .... I'm happy to report that both appear to be in first class condition .... no sharpening marks like the ones mentioned above .... no need to do anything but pack them away for Christmas and eventually wrap them as the time grows nearer ....
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:28 pm

PT7 wrote:I'd send the before/after photos you took in to Buck, along with an explanation of what you found and what you did to "fix" the blade edge scratches.

I don't know that me saying (at least about this) we must think alike would be a good thing or not .. :? .. I did just that earlier today .... it was authored from the standpoint of customer who bought his first Buck over 50 years ago and who currently has over 10 of them .... it will be interesting to see their response
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Yes, it will be interesting. Cool 8-) that you inquired, Jim. You know what they say about "great minds...." :lol:
And 'tis quite true when you said earlier that "the SAGA continues."
JEBar wrote:
PT7 wrote:I'd send the before/after photos you took in to Buck, along with an explanation of what you found and what you did to "fix" the blade edge scratches.

I don't know that me saying (at least about this) we must think alike would be a good thing or not .. :? .. I did just that earlier today .... it was authored from the standpoint of customer who bought his first Buck over 50 years ago and who currently has over 10 of them .... it will be interesting to see their response
0 x

~Пока~

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:52 am

JEBar wrote:

Please remember to share it here.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:07 am

daytime dave wrote:Please remember to share it here.
most certainly will .... I decided that because I wanted to send pictures, the best way to contact them was by email .... in looking at their contact page ===> https://www.buckknives.com/about/contact-us/ I finally decided to send it to their warranty department .... it does seem interesting that the picture at the top of the link given shows them sharpening on a grinder .... my hunch is, something interrupted process and my 119 didn't go through the finish process
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:47 pm

JEBar wrote:... my hunch is, something interrupted process and my 119 didn't go through the finish process
quiten time on a Friday. By Monday who ever was working on it lost his place on what he was working on.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Mags wrote:
JEBar wrote:... my hunch is, something interrupted process and my 119 didn't go through the finish process
quiten time on a Friday. By Monday who ever was working on it lost his place on what he was working on.

that could easily be the case
0 x

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:35 pm

That is a nice looking red handle Buck 119
1 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:22 pm

kind words appreciated .... couldn't agree more, its a nice looking blade
0 x