Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Early December birthday present

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Early December birthday present

Post by PT7 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:58 am

Thanks for the encouraging note that I have a winner in this Buck 110, Cate. And also that you thought the photos were nice. I keep on working at those close-up shots!

I know that when I first got interested in knives, several times Dave mentioned how Bucks were his favorite. Holding this very stout and cool-looking 110 blade in my hand, I can easily see why. It's like opening a brand NIB Henry rifle --- top-quality and a great looker, too!

I've received an e-gift from my daughter for Christmas. It's an on-line certificate to shop at the BladeHQ store. So I have the "challenging" task ahead to decide just what knife (or depending on prices) knives I may get!! :D I do look at a variety of knife brands, but I seem to come back to the Buck collections fairly often. Anyway, thanks again. Whenever I order and receive my Christmas gift, I'll post some pictures.

BTW, although my knife collection is quite small compared to many I've seen on BF, I think I need to get another case for the recent knives I've added. It sure has been fun learning about knives, what's out there, and all that comes along that is needed for their care/maintenance. Learn something new every day.

P.S. I'll probably check out your EDC Buck 113 on the web. I haven't seen that model yet.

Catherine wrote:Beautiful knife! Great pictures of it too. Thank you.

JEBar and Dave said some very true things about the FAMOUS BUCK 110 knife that is very well known in this country and all around the world. Many companies try to make a knife like the Buck 110 knife but they can't do it because only BUCK makes the BEST 110 knife with a warranty to back it up! It is an original - the real deal!

My husband has and uses the two BUCK 110 knives that I gave him and the two Buck '55' knives on a regular basis. Our 110 knives are not the edition that you have in your picture. We have the Anniversary edition ones.

I went to fixed blade knives due to my hands but if I did not have those issues... I would be still carrying my former BUCK 110 on a regular basis. It is a great knife!

The Buck 110 makes a great gift too.

Thanks for sharing. Your pictures of it look so nice with the snowflakes on the forum page too.

Cool!

Take care.

Cate - A Buck Knife Lady
PS: My daily carry knife is still my BUCK Ranger Skinner 113.
1 x

~Пока~

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:26 am

PT 7,

Here is my EDC knife that I pack in my black leather fanny pack. I have another larger fanny pack that I use in the woods/wilderness too.

http://www.buckknives.com/

http://www.buckknives.com/search?q=113

http://www.buckknives.com/product/113-r ... 0113BRS-B/

Originally created as a limited edition model, the 113 Ranger® Skinner is a stylish and performance oriented combination of Buck’s famous Ranger® and the classic Buck Vanguard®.

Streamlined to be smaller, yet designed to be effective, this knife will get any job done in the field.

The classic look, ergonomic handle and ease-of-use design guarantee that you will come to rely upon it.

This design fills the need for a sturdy, compact knife with a versatile skinning blade.

Made in the USA

Blade Shape: Skinner Blade Thickness:0.120"

Blade Length:3 1/8" (7.9 cm)

Weight:5.2 oz. (148 g)

Handle: Walnut

Carry System: Sheath Origin: Made in the USA

Available Features and Options

I showed your knife to my husband, tonight, and he thinks that it is a great looking knife too!

Side note:

I would not concern myself on how large or small your collection of knives is compared to other people on the BF forum or anywhere else. Continue to buy what YOU like to use on a regular basis and if you do keep some aside for special reasons... don't sweat it.

I use what I own and I even keep a Buck and/or a Ka-Bar by my bed. Do I have a rifle that I use on a regular basis to keep up my skills? Do I have one in the bedroom? YES to both questions, but since I no longer own or shoot handguns... I have a tool aka a knife handy if needed even though I live in a nice area. My husband keeps his daily carry pistol and a knife on his side of the bed.

Congrats again on your beautiful knife.

Cate
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:13 am

Catherine wrote:
I would not concern myself on how large or small your collection of knives is compared to other people on the BF forum or anywhere else. Continue to buy what YOU like to use on a regular basis and if you do keep some aside for special reasons... don't sweat it.

That's the way I do it Cate. Get what you like. After a while, you will likely have more than you ever expected. I have plenty of items I collect or have collected over the years. All have been like Buck or Case knives and Henry rifles. Quality well made products that have proven reputations and customer service.

I almost bought a Case knife while making a stop last weekend. A nice Case display case held a few yellow handled knives. I didn't need it as much as wanted it, but I passed. I was glad I did pass it up. I had money left to buy a couple of hand made local turkey calls. More on those later.

I'm glad to see you are as interested in knives as the rest of us. Your interest in the skeleton knives shows something unique to you.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:54 am

Thanks, Cate....and thanks to your husband, too. Glad he thinks my first 110 is a good-looker! ;)

Your 113 EDC is really a sharp-looking blade. Thanks for pointing me to it.
I especially like the walnut handle, as wood is also my thing. Partly why I like Henry rifles so much!

Not least, appreciated your "side note." I'm always interested in chats about the "whys and wherefores" of having any type of collection -- either knives or firearms. I don't believe I actually "compare" my small knife collection to the BF ones I've seen. Rather, I've mentioned those quite large collections simply because the numbers astonish me-- as well as the great variety of beautiful knives displayed. Dave's comments were interesting on how large collections are acquired: "...After a while, you will likely have more than you ever expected. I have plenty of items I collect or have collected over the years...". I definitely know that as a newbie my "acquisitions" are many less in numbers. Nevertheless, the large collections are just fascinating to look over! And it also has been very enjoyable to share our knife chats here on our Forum. It's great fun for me to have this "extra" alongside our many great threads on Henry rifles!

With the BladeHQ gift e-card my daughter is getting me for our Christmas family gift exchange, I have the delightful "task" of searching for my next Buck -- or couple of Bucks depending on cost. I look forward to the task, and am up to the challenge!! :D

Have a great day, and a blessed Christmas this Sunday to you and yours!
PT7

Catherine wrote:PT 7,

Here is my EDC knife that I pack in my black leather fanny pack. I have another larger fanny pack that I use in the woods/wilderness too.

I showed your knife to my husband, tonight, and he thinks that it is a great looking knife too!

Side note:

I use what I own and I even keep a Buck and/or a Ka-Bar by my bed. Do I have a rifle that I use on a regular basis to keep up my skills? Do I have one in the bedroom? YES to both questions, but since I no longer own or shoot handguns... I have a tool aka a knife handy if needed even though I live in a nice area. My husband keeps his daily carry pistol and a knife on his side of the bed.

Congrats again on your beautiful knife.

Cate
1 x

~Пока~