Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Trip to Walmart

DWD445
Cowboy
United States of America

Trip to Walmart

Post by DWD445 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:19 am

Went to Wally World yesterday after range trip and got some Perfecta 357s, was waiting for change and saw a knife off to the side kinda covered up, package tore. I could see it was a Buck, not with the rest. I asked to see it and well for less than $30.00, SOLD :D What do ya think ?? 420HC blade
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x
NRA - DW wheelguns - H012S - Oh CCW

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Trip to Walmart

Post by JEBar » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:47 am

you done good, I routinely see them going for from $46 to almost twice that (depends on how upscale the store is) .. :D .. Buck introduced their 110 Folding Hunter in 1964 .... I bought my first on as a HS Graduation present for myself in 1965 (both of mine have leather sheaths) .... after many years of hard use, I had to send it back to Buck to have the blade replaced .... they did so for free and I gave it to our son to give to his son when he feels he's ready .... immediately bought a replacement that I still carry .... should we ever have another grandson it will eventually it will go to him .... as a bit of info, 420HC Steel is Buck's standard blade material .... according to them, it approaches the wear resistance of high carbon alloys while delivering the corrosion resistance of chromium stainless steels .... they say their heat-treat process and you have a very user-friendly combination of superior corrosion resistance with excellent strength for wear resistance and durability .... it is a blade that is easy to resharpen and they say for best performance they harden it to a Rockwell hardness of Rc 58
2 x

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:12 pm

That's a great deal, they have good prices and I have bought hunting supplies fron Walmart on numerous occasions. You got a good looking, quality knife at a good price.
0 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by JCN » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:21 pm

Sadly, the Walmart by my house has too much knife theft they are all pulled off the shelves and hidden under the counter (not even displayed in a case). I went looking for a Kershaw Scallion (my favorite EDC knife) and noticed the shelves were empty. When I asked the lady working the sporting goods section she pulled out a pile from under the counter. Most of the packages were mangled or torn up from previous theft attempts!
0 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

Hitman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hitman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:46 pm

JCN wrote:Sadly, the Walmart by my house has too much knife theft they are all pulled off the shelves and hidden under the counter (not even displayed in a case). I went looking for a Kershaw Scallion (my favorite EDC knife) and noticed the shelves were empty. When I asked the lady working the sporting goods section she pulled out a pile from under the counter. Most of the packages were mangled or torn up from previous theft attempts!
Sound's like the walmart in Henderson, N.C.
0 x
Henry H004 Golden Boy
Henry H006 Big Boy 44
Henry H010B 45-70
NRA Benefactor Member

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:59 pm

Ditto on Dutch.
Nice-looking Buck.

I looked at a couple of web sellers of Buck knives. One listed your exact knife at $43, and the nylon sheath sold separately at $11 (note these also were "reduced" prices from msrp). So your purchase price was just fine...good buy. ;) I'll have to check out the local wally worlds I visit...never have seen knives on their shelves. Must be "hidden" as some of you mentioned.
0 x

~Пока~

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Good price and a really pretty piece of wood on it.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

DWD445
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by DWD445 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:23 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:Good price and a really pretty piece of wood on it.
Thank you, ALL,
I couldn't see the wood in display case. Then he pulled it out and handed it tom me. The brass and the wood did it, and $27.97 :shock:
I like how the blade is sharp on the back side part way too !! Almost... JUST almost, don't want to use it :lol:
0 x

DWD445
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by DWD445 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:34 am

I've never bought a new Buck knife before. Have had a couple over the years, but first new one.
I was quite impressed w/back side of warranty paper that was with it. hope not over religion line !
But I will NEVER buy another brand myself !! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:02 pm

You couldn't do better for less money. Buck's 110 from Walmart is an excellent value, even with the nylon holder. (I prefer leather myself)

You will enjoy that knife for the rest of your life. Congratulations.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member