Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: I like knives

Post by PT7 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:41 am

JEBar wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:09 pm
those are really nice looking working blades .... while I have no doubt that they are worth every penny, I simply can't see paying that kind of money for knife
Mags wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:23 pm
Ya, but somebody does. Every single one of them pictured was sold.
JEBar wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:38 pm
of that there can be no doubt .... as with most things, the old "to each his own" point of view certainly applies ....
I have two "specialty" blades I purchased from a forger in Canada, one knife and one axe. They carried quite similar price tags to the North River products shown by RR. Although I have some very nice Bucks and Victorinox knives, I chose these two because they, to me, are unique. The appeal was visual, functional, and historical. The purchase prices and shipping costs admittedly were a little painful, but I use these both and could not be more pleased with them. BTW, I looked at this forger's web site today. All his axes are sold, and the majority of his knives are sold. So there is the market and demand for his forged tools.

I've posted threads about these blades in our knife sub-forum. Here are two photos of my choices.
PT7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

~Пока~

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:50 am

There are some beautiful knives pictured here. I have always been a fan of edged weapons and of course they have played a part in my life for most of it. I carried them in the Corps, and then afterwards on duty, where a quality knife was a part of my daily life. I wasn't adverse to paying good money for quality since it was a a piece of professional equipment and I wanted something that wouldn't let me down in an emergency. Over the years I had several models, from Cold Steel, Smith and Wesson and Benchmade, but once I found THE knife, I always came back. It was the Benchmade 875 Elishewitz Sentinel. It's not made anymore, but mine was in my pocket on duty and off, and it's still my daily carry knife when I leave the house. I chose the half serrated model, and it could cut thru rope, flex cuffs, or open a box, and was faster than an automatic with a flick of the thumb.

benchmade Elishewitz 875sbt Sentinel.jpg

It was light enough for daily carry, but heavy enough to have some power. It replaced the lightweight Benchmade I had been carrying for two years prior... Smaller and lighter, the previous model was nice, but didn't cut as well, open as fast, nor have the power of the 875.

03 duty pair.jpg

A favorite was a gift from a protege after I made HIM a humidor. I sent the humidor to him in Florida and never gave it another thought. The custom knife arrived in the mail a month or so later, with his note thanking me for the work I put in. Two decades of friendship means something. ;)

knife 2.jpg

He ordered the knife and had them make it just the way I wanted, from memories of past conversations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BrokenolMarine on Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:51 am

I have collected a number of knives over the years, many have never seen use. They lay in the drawers in the safe. I guess Marines like things that shoot and cut. Swords, knives, bayonets.
Oh, oh, oh.
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:57 am

It's hard to find a really good cross draw sheath for larger knives unless custom made with the knife. I have a real nice Bowie but may need to make my own cross draw for it.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:20 am

RanchRoper wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:57 am
It's hard to find a really good cross draw sheath for larger knives unless custom made with the knife. I have a real nice Bowie but may need to make my own cross draw for it.
I have a couple blade kits in the shop I need to put scales on. I have some curley cherry and cocobola set aside. Once they are done, I need to make the sheaths. I haven't set up the leather work bench yet. That's another project. :D
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:16 pm

I have an unintentional knife collection. They have been scattered here and there. As I come across them I'm putting them together in one place. Someday I'll post pictures.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Just picked up a new belt knife. Silver Stag...made in USA.
Blade about 5.5". Real sharp!!
2 x
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:39 pm

The collection now...Schrade Uncle Henry's, small Pine Ridge knife, and the Silver Stag....like I said, I like knives. :D
3 x
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:40 pm

Nice!
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:04 pm

RanchRoper wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:57 am
Do you have a sheath for your Bowie? If you do, maybe you could mod it like I did to make a horizontal carry for my Buck 110 folder (5" OAL closed). I'd think something similar could be made for a longer knife. But better yet if can make your own cross draw for it, RR. I didn't have the tools to do a sheath build.
http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... rry#p27895

And your knife collection is looking sharper and sharper :!: :D :!:

PT7
0 x

~Пока~