Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Helle Mândra

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
TNman
Cowhand
United States of America

Helle Mândra

Post by TNman » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Got the Helle Mândra out of the mail box about an hour ago; I am very pleased with it. It is extremely well made and razor sharp. Watco and jpw treatment darkened the scales a bit and they have some figure but not a lot. This smaller knife has a 3 finger grip with the pinky finger serving as support at the rear. Both of the scale rivets are hollow and paracord will be used for a lanyard. The index finger can guide the front in a skinning mode and the thumb on the choil can guide and support the blade in a gutting mode. And it should serve well for general camp or kitchen slicing chores. I anticipate carrying it as a neck knive supplementing the Folkekniven and GB hatchet which will handle heavier chores. The Sandvik stainless is awesome metal but the triple laminated blades are better imo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Helle Mândra

Post by PT7 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:37 pm

The mailman sure was very kind to you today. :) Very sharp-looking new knife...Congrats.
Of course, best part of all is that you are...
TNman wrote:... very pleased with it. It is extremely well made and razor sharp. … And it should serve well for general camp or kitchen slicing chores. I anticipate carrying it as a neck knive supplementing the Folkekniven and GB hatchet … which will handle heavier chores. The Sandvik stainless is awesome metal...
Do you have in mind a particular look to the paracord you'll use for the lanyard? One of my Victorinox knives has a very nice lanyard that came with it....sure can add some character and color.

PT7.
0 x

~Пока~

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Sweet!
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

TNman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TNman » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:22 pm

Made a little lanyard with some grey/green paracord and it turned out ok. Been thinking a bright color like yellow or orange might look better and be a lot more visible when laid in the leaves next to a gut pile. What do y’all think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:57 pm

Looks good, but I would use leather myself. That gorgeous handle would really look cool with leather. Just my opinion. Has to be functional too, and agree you have to be able to find it!
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:52 pm