Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

SOG Warranty

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
Carver
Cowhand
United States of America

SOG Warranty

Post by Carver » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:42 pm

I recently bought a SOG pocket knife. With my good luck it didn’t work smoothly as it should. I sent it back to SOG and within a day they sent a new one. I was impressed with the turn around time and no hassle on returning a product. I would consider buying from them again.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: SOG Warranty

Post by JEBar » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:33 pm

reports of good customer service are always welcome .... info appreciated
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:19 pm

Hey, Carver,

Would like to see some pics of your new SOG. They make some interesting blades.
BTW, the good Customer Service (CS) you received from SOG paralleled the CS I got a couple of years ago from them.

I only have one SOG knife; bought it just because it was so different than most knives I own. It's a SOG "Snarl," which is a fixed-blade stainless EDC. Still cannot figure out the blade style, because the web description at the knife internet shop uses two blade types for this knife: sheepsfoot and Wharncliffe.

The problem I had was not with the knife; rather, there was a badly bent clip that wouldn't hold the Kydex sheath to my belt. Was not repairable. Without any Qs, SOG right away sent me a new sheath and clip assembly at no charge. Easy to remember that good Customer Service from SOG.

Anyway, following are a couple of pics. To me, the knife resembles brass knuckles. The photo with my SP101 revolver gives the size perspective: the SP101 has a 4.2" barrel length. The blade length of this tiny SOG is 2.3", and is very, very sharp. It's just a fun knife to handle.

PT7
DSCN1370.JPG
DSCN1431.JPG
Carver wrote:I recently bought a SOG pocket knife. With my good luck it didn’t work smoothly as it should. I sent it back to SOG and within a day they sent a new one. I was impressed with the turn around time and no hassle on returning a product. I would consider buying from them again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

~Пока~

Carver
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Carver » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:33 am

PT7. That is a wicked looking blade. I just went for the plain Jane variety. It seems that I always need a knife when doing chores etc, and always carried a pocket knife would be lost with out one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:14 pm

I don't have a very large knife collection, Carver. Maybe around two dozen or so knives. Since a number of mine look like siblings to your new SOG, I'd say "plain Jane" is a staple. I have a Buck Spitfire that is almost a twin to your SOG. It's a lockback, which carries a plain single blade and basic gray-colored handles. The main difference is that mine provides one-hand opening with a thumb hole, and yours does the same with a button.

I'm certain there are too many-to-count plain Janes out there. But to handle those everyday chores, they work just fine! :D
Carver wrote:PT7. That is a wicked looking blade. I just went for the plain Jane variety. It seems that I always need a knife when doing chores etc, and always carried a pocket knife would be lost with out one.
1 x

~Пока~