Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I don't lose knives.....until this week!

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
PT7
Drover
United States of America

I don't lose knives.....until this week!

Post by PT7 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:04 am

Bummer! :(

Have absolutely no idea how it happened that I lost my newest Victorinox knife this past week.
That just doesn't happen here!

And I've kept my knives for a very long time. I still have the Kamp King I got as a gift for my tenth birthday. It doesn't have any handles on it now; guess that can be likened to losing one's hair. ;)

This KK blade is 60 years old.
DSCN1390.JPG
DSCN1391.JPG

OK, this is another long-term EDC blade. Here is the story of my two SAK Climbers.
SAK Climber_ Old and New_DSCN1930.jpg
The knife on the left is "Old Red," my first SAK Climber. My daughter gifted this knife to me +34 years ago. It has been an almost constant right-front-pocket companion for hundreds of miles we've traveled together (including three trips overseas) and has completed numerous tasks over the years. Still here. I tend to hold on to knives for a long time.

The knife on the right is my 1-year-old Victorinox SAK Climber. I got it in March 2017. It carries all the tools Old Red has. But I bought it to acquire one new tool on this knife that Old Red didn't have, the multi-purpose hook (parcel carrier). That's the only tool I have opened in the photo. It's a great tool, and I use it often.

Nuts & Oops. This black Climber with hook has disappeared, and I have no idea where/when that happened. So Old Red is back in pocket. I"ll probably need to visit the web Knife Center shop and "hook" on to another Climber that carries the parcel carrier tool.

Gosh, I'll have to change my tune and now say "I lost a knife." Appears there really is a first time for everything! :lol:

Have a pleasant weekend.
PT7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PT7 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

~Пока~

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: I don't lose knives.....until this week!

Post by Cofisher » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Should we share this far and wide til found?
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:43 pm

I hate losing stuff. My wife makes fun of me because I ALWAYS put things in the same place year after year but that's why. I hate losing stuff. Hope you find it.
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Hiding things from yourself is common. I do it all the time. Just did it yesterday as a matter of fact. Finally found it took several times of retracing my steps. Ever wonder how much time in are lives is wasted looking for something you cant remember where you put it ? Scary thought
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:31 pm

BigAl52 wrote:Hiding things from yourself is common. I do it all the time. Just did it yesterday as a matter of fact. Finally found it took several times of retracing my steps. Ever wonder how much time in are lives is wasted looking for something you cant remember where you put it ? Scary thought
That's a really cool expresion, BigAL, "Hiding things from yourself is common;" also a very good way to look at it. Appreciate that, and it will become part of my good vocabulary choices! Also agree --- it is a scary thought about how much time I've lost over the years when hiding my things out-of-sight! :lol:
Cofisher wrote:Should we share this far and wide til found?
Not necessary, but thanks for the offer! :) Lots of tongue-in-cheek in my post. It's definitely not a huge loss, Cofisher; rather, more of a surprise to me that it happened. Maybe the black Climber will "come out of hiding" someday. I've already mostly quit looking for it and now only wonder...
RanchRoper wrote:I hate losing stuff. My wife makes fun of me because I ALWAYS put things in the same place year after year but that's why. I hate losing stuff. Hope you find it.
Hey, RR. I've already decided on how to recover the Victorinox; actually I'm mostly interested in that very helpful tool of the parcel carrier. I shopped on several web knife shops and have ordered another model Victorinox, same size my black Climber was (mid-size SAK at 3.58" closed), only 1 tool out of the 14 is different, but it definitely has my parcel carrier. It's a Victorinox Swiss Army Super Tinker Multi-Tool. Just for fun, I decided to get a completely different design for the Cellidor-polished handle material. Rather than a solid color, I went with a pattern on the handles. This one is dressed in a red, white and blue US Flag, and it will be my EDC. I'll post some photos when I get it in hand.

You fellows all take good care.
PT7
1 x

~Пока~

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Shared in Florida, North Carolina, and Minnesota, is there a reward? Good luck PT.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:30 am

Excuse my ignorance, what is a parcel carrier? UPS, Fed ex, etc...? Sorry for your loss. I am a professional hider, not so much a finder. MuddyWaters
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:17 am

MuddyWaters,

Check out my photo of the black Climber knife at my first post for this thread.
I have the multi-purpose hook tool, or parcel carrier, opened on this knife. I was absolutely surprised how much weight it can hold and how comfortable to carry in one hand. From my viewpoint, Victorinox sure knows how to build a multi-tool.
PT7

EDIT This is a much clearer photo of the SAK tool, MW. This is from the Victorinox web site. I added an arrow pointing to the multi-purpose tool.
Victorinox Climber.jpg
MuddyWaters62 wrote:Excuse my ignorance, what is a parcel carrier? UPS, Fed ex, etc...? Sorry for your loss. I am a professional hider, not so much a finder. MuddyWaters
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

~Пока~

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:22 pm

Thank you PT7. I just never thought about using a device like this. I can only visualize a hay hook or ice tongs. Have only bent over and toted by hand to bring in packages. Just only a country hick. Learn something every day. MuddyWaters.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Victorinox Climber unhidden, joins Tinker.

Post by PT7 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:55 am

In mid-April I posted this thread and comments about losing my newest Victorinox (SAK) Climber knife. I really appreciated BigAl's comment that rather than losing it, I "hid it from myself." :lol:
BigAl52 wrote:Hiding things from yourself is common. I do it all the time. Just did it yesterday as a matter of fact. Finally found it took several times of retracing my steps. Ever wonder how much time in are lives is wasted looking for something you cant remember where you put it ? Scary thought
I was surprised and pleased that it became "unhidden" this week. The surprise was where it was, as is always the case. I have an electric-powered medical recliner chair, and a couple of weeks ago the hand control stopped working. I was able to get out a technician to do a diagnostic and check out the connections and motors on the recliner. When he tipped the chair to work on it, lying quietly on the rug was the no-longer-hidden black Climber. So it had slipped out of my pocket when I had the recliner in sleep position (very comfortable!), and then went into hiding.

Photos of my SAK trio.
~~~Red Climber (+34 years old)
~~~"Unhidden" Black Climber (+1 year old)
~~~Newest Tinker, US Flag (The knife I bought to replace the lost black Climber)

My small collection is growing! :D
SAK trio1_2495.JPG
SAK trio2_2496.JPG
4 x

~Пока~