Cate
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: I should move these 2 SAK and knife

Post by Catherine » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:32 am

I just LOST another post here.

There are MAJOR issues with ALL gun related forums - read or post here, gun websites, pro Second Amendment websites and You Tube related gun instructional items. April 1 - You Tube will no longer even carry basic instructions for some or ALL gun things. Oh well.

I only use this HENRY forum for posting even if I read very FEW OTHERS.

Anyway...

I DO NOT USE or CARRY folding/pocket knives for MY OWN USE but I did previously own a few SA knives with a FEW other famous brands.

My late husband and my MT husband owned some too. My MT husband owns 1 large and 2 very small SA knives NOW. The Classic red ones. I will be dipped if I know their model names now. They are OLDER ones.

I did own some of my late husband's knives and a few of his SA knives were given away as gifts and to charity.

I used to carry a Case or Schrade pocket knife in my PURSE as a young bride - Nam era. My late husband gave me one of his. I do NOT remember the model or name brand for sure now. I just know that I had one if I needed it. I had SEVERAL folding classic ss military knives plus some other famous brand name ones of HIS too.

I PREFERRED a single blade in a folding classic knife when I got INTO using and CARRYING folding knives more often. Several years ago. Example: The Buck 110 and Buck '55' that I ended up giving to my MT husband. This is when I had to GO to Fixed Blade knives only.

My MT husband rotates his knives a bit more often NOW since he is retired. He ALWAYS has a V. SA MULTI TOOK KIT or a LEATHERMAN tool kit on him. The much OLDER Leatherman one is in his den the most now and he has the SAK multi tool kit on his leather belt at ALL TIMES. He conceals and/or open carries a pistol where it is legal too. MANY, many, many years now. He conceals the most but not all of the time.

He and my late husband ALWAYS had one if not two pocket knives on them. On their body.

So yeah, they had and used SAK and other ones too.

My late husband and I had knives on our former sail and power boats, my former Coleman pop up camper, in our trucks, cars, in the small barn, in the LARGE garage and in our large home - 3 levels - first floor, second floor and full basement.

Since I NO longer own, conceal/open carry and shoot handguns for SELF DEFENSE and general shooting... I ALWAYS have a legal fixed blade knife on me. Feral dogs, vicious-loose so called domesticated dogs (NOT!) and 2 legged critters in the wilderness and all around this state and country are not a cool thing to be around with NO tool on you should you be attacked.

A bunch of people across this country including a Montana senior citizen working in her own YARD got KILLED/MAULED by 2 vicious loose dogs. So called 'nice' house dogs that the owner could not believe would attack and KILL THIS WOMAN IN HER OWN FREAKING YARD. THIS IS HAPPENING ALL OVER THE COUNTRY SINCE MANY DOG OWNERS refuse to exercise personal responsibility in controlling their !!! dogs and their BRAT, mean, drugged up or not, crazy or sane Criminal Children as youngsters, teens and young adults. LOOK what they turn into later on in life!

I have personally SEEN this happen once in my former state on my own land (Farm/lake very rural country - Great Lakes region.) and MANY, many times out here in Montana. Some in person and MANY on the news - small towns, large cities, very rural areas, and the wilderness. Close DOG attacks or almost got bitten. This happened to my MT husband while walking in a VERY nice area close to the wilderness too. Years ago. Plus he and I have seen some crapola with these dogs in the wilderness.

And yeah, I always was a dog owner until I moved out west. MY last two nice and very, very old and sick dogs were put to sleep at 15 and 16 plus years old. And I did own and train good German Shepherd dogs, I owned a couple of Cocker Spaniel dogs and a Samoyed (Dog pound adopted as a puppy.).

I have been around CS and GS puppies and dogs since I was a baby. Mainly GS dogs.

I have seen my puppy attacked by one of those ! dogs on MY list that was loose and if some men had not beat the dog with their briefcases and with me screaming as a 16 year old kid... my puppy would have been killed. Baltimore, MD time. University Parkway - Roland Park after my parents sold one house. The vicious dog owner finally came out and had to PULL his ! dog away and OFF of my Cocker Spaniel puppy. Filed reports and local people were worried that they would be attacked too.

With these vicious attacks and murders by specific dogs who have clueless and irresponsible owners... yeah, I carry a knife.

The 65 year old lady who got KILLED over by Bozeman, MT should have had a gun or KNIFE on her body. Easy to grab. OUT of the blue - attacked like that - what a horrible way to die.

The owner who most likely had SQUAT to his name... was fined about $15,000. some dollars and his 2 vicious dogs were put down. TOO bad that the owner did not STOP THE ATTACKS so the lady did not DIE.

Public lands, public sidewalks if you live in town and RURAL country and/or township roads... all people should be carrying something. It might not be much but some TOOL IS BETTER THAN NOTHING. I know - been there - done that in my life. Something that you would NEVER EXPECT in a very nice area and even in so called SAFE rural areas.

KNIFE, bear spray, people spray, dog spray or a gun. Carry something on you IF you can legally and be AWARE of your surroundings.

The lady who got killed had 2 dogs attacking and they were on her body. ONE would be bad enough but two of them! Lord have mercy.

My own late GS dog saved my house from being robbed and the CLUES from that incident that I insisted be taken by a country sheriff's deputy (GL state.) helped build a case against that man. He had robbed and hid in corn fields and woods - barns, homes, a few businesses in BROAD DAYLIGHT not just at night. The BLOOD SPLATTERS from my breezeway metal coffee can holding wood clothespins and broken window glass and a breezeway door held a key to the crime. IT did not make sense WHY my late husband and I came home from work and found what we did not too long after we built our beautiful brick home in a VERY NICE and quiet area in a VERY rural area. NOT far from a tiny village where he grew up since he was 7 years old. We were at work when it happened. That dog leaped through a window and got the criminal who was trying to break in via the breezeway between the brick house and the big garage. SHE NAILED HIS BUTT. ARMS AND LEG and the bad guy never went to the hospital because he would have to report what he did, what dog BIT him in defense of her property while properly contained on the property (NOT LOOSE!) and why he fled the scene of a crime that he was trying to do.

Another GS protected me another time - alerted me when my late husband was gone. Not his USN Nam and around the world time but he was gone - Air National Guard Fighter Wing trip overseas. He had a NON .gov JOB but he did have over 20 years in with his regular Navy and Air NG time - weekends and annual duty time.

Anyway, be prepared no matter where you live! Only NOW it is much worse with gangs and so forth. Dumb bunnies on illegal and 'legal' drugs that make a person go bat ! crazy don't help with mean people.

And IF you THINK that bad and MESSED UP people and criminals in general don't do these things in nice, safe, rich, upper middle class, middle class and NORMAL God fearing places across this country - you would need to rethink what you really know about crime and SOCIETY IN GENERAL.

They are not just going to rob, beat up, rape, kidnap, murder and/or dump a body in the HOOD aka a slum. NEWS tells us this and the FBI crime statistics tell us this too.

Ranchers and farmers have to guard their fuel supplies because the criminal drug runners/makers and CARTELS are stealing this FUEL and it is just not on the border either.

Cate
Last edited by Catherine on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:33 am

Every person including a child should learn how to use a knife.

(I personally think that they should be LEGAL TO CARRY in some places too. But I do not make the laws.)

Swiss Army Knife or another one - whatever a child or adult feels comfortable with.

MOST young people were given a knife (Buck, SAK, etc.) as a kid or teen.

Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, any religious or non religious child and teen program. Parents and mentors should TEACH these things to their children.

I think that a SAK or any other knife should be used to show a child or adult how to survive in the wilderness, use in their daily life and how to SURVIVE an attack.

It is a royal shame that MOST children/teens/adults are not TAUGHT HOW TO FIGHT BACK when they are all alone or in a group if they can't escape, run or 'hide' from the BAD GUY.

When I was a KID in the 50's... my parents taught us that if we were attacked to SCREAM, RUN, MAKE A COMMOTION, RUN TO A POLICEMAN or to an ADULT FOR HELP. IF the attack was close... you should try to KICK the bad guy/criminal in the GROIN and fling something at them. Do what you could do.

There are many types of self defense tactics and classes out there. NOT just judo or whatever.

Maybe the public, religious and private schools should ISSUE every child a basic SAK and teach them how to use it in a SAFE defensive mode.

SAK knives should consider such a program with the 'approval' of the people in charge.

Cate
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:33 am

We do have 3 Swiss Army kitchen knives too. They have plastic red handles and stainless steel blades.

So that is what we own in SA knives.

Cate
PS: I really LIKE the silver (In PT7's thread/posts.) and some other colors (PT7's) that are available in SA knives especially one that I saw in a beautiful shade of BLUE 'online'. I just have to stick to fixed blade knives because that is what works for me at this stage of my life.
0 x