Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cross draw knife sheath

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Cross draw knife sheath

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:21 pm

I've been looking for a right hand cross draw knife sheath for my big Bowie. No luck so far. Anyone ever seen one? See lots for little knives, but nothing for a 10" blade.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Cross draw knife sheath

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:48 pm

You'd be surprised how much fun you can have making one. Watch a few videos... make a practice one from old leather, maybe two... to get a feel for it... then give er a go. If I can make a half decent one... I'm sure you can brother. You don't need a machine to sew em, just two big needles.
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Cross draw knife sheath

Post by PT7 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:33 am

Hey, RR. Just read your thread this morning. Marine's suggestion is cool. If you had the means to make your own sheath, that would be a neat project. But if you don't want to make your own, or don't have the time, maybe this would be of some help.

I'm a member of Blade Forums, and they have a good number of sheath makers listed that make their services available. I don't know if you need to be a BF member or not. The forum section is called "Sheaths and Such." Here is the web link: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/she ... ms.838494/

OK. In December 2016 I worked with a sheathmaker I found on BF with the monicker "Makael." Asked him if he'd make a custom leather sheath, horizontal belt carry, for my Tops/Buck CSAR-T fixed blade. He did make one, and it was a nice job. In fact, not only was it horizontal carry, but a vertical carry sheath, too. I posted photos of that leather sheath and my CSAR on the Henry Forum at http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... SAR#p25427

Might be an option for you. This fellow is in Spokane Valley, Washington State. His contact info is listed on the BF link above under his moniker; scroll down to his listing at #12.

Happy sheath hunting!
PT7
1 x

~Пока~